Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How many glasses..

Hi all, my vendor majorly dropped the ball on ordering my champagne, and it's only 10 days until my wedding. I'm a 'plan for the worst' kind of girl, so i'm working on the assumption they won't pull through for me.

In the event I need to go secure a batch of champagne on my own, how many bottles would you recommend for 75 ppl to do one round? How many glasses of champagne are in a regular bottle?
Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Re: How many glasses..

•   

You can get about 8 1/2 glasses out of a bottle.  It's better to pour 1/2 glasses because a lot of people only take a sip.   So that would be about 9 bottles.   Get a few extra for those who like to drink more.

However, 10 days should be plenty of time to order champagne.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Just get a case (12 bottles).  Most wine stores will let you return any unopened bottles. Some stores offer a discount on cases. 

I agree with Lynda, though.  It should take all of ten minutes for a reputable vendor to procure enough champagne for a champagne toast for 75.
  • Thanks guys! The vendor did come through. Whew! Good info to know for the future though!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards