Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Couple's gifts

I know that couples usually exchange wedding gifts but we're doing a budget wedding so I don't know if we can afford to do this.  I'm wondering what sort of gifts brides and grooms exchanged?  Did you set a dollar limit?   Did you exchange gifts on the day of?  If you didn't exchange gifts did you do something else special instead?

Thanks!  Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Couple's gifts

• Options
    I wrote my husband a card and had my MOH deliver it to him the morning of. that was it. But I definitely spilled all my feeling into that card. It was really sweet.
  • Options
    My photographer threw in a complimentary boudoir session and I am getting him a framed print from that shoot.  I know he intends to get me a gift but I keep saying no! 

• Options

FI and I do not plan to exchange gifts ... other than the vows.  I plan to give my FI a love letter which I've been writing for months.  I add to it every few weeks.  Sentiment is key.  We're spending all our cash on the wedding and reception.

• Options
    Rings.  Honeymoon.  And yeah, probably a card the morning of.  That's probably enough, right?
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Since we're on a budget too and I really didn't have the extra $ to do the additional boudoir session (and since FI went to art school and is great at photography!) I've decided to let him take his own boudoir pics! I figured the honeymoon would be a great place since we'll be at a nice resort and I've got all those fun outfits from the shower :)
  • Options
    I'm giving him a gift at the RD when we give the WP gifts as well as a gift or two the day of. I have no idea what he's getting me but I know he's planning something ;-)
  • Options

We decided to not exchange gifts closer to the wedding, but I had already done a boudoir album that was a surprise for him. So I sent the book over to him in the grooms suite with a handwritten note from me. He sent over flowers and a handwritten note to me in the bridal suite. We kept it simpler, but I still gave him the b-pics album which we'll always have.

• Options
    We do not plan on exchanging gifts. I'll write him a letter that he'll read while he gets ready, but we didn't see the point in exchanging gifts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    We decided on making a bucket list of sorts to exchange...
    just a simple list of our hopes, dreams, wishes, goals that we could check off together after getting married.  I'm thinking of putting mine on some nice stationary, printed and adding it to our album - something else to look back on down the road.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're not exchanging gifts either, but I plan on doing a boudoir session for him.  Apparently that means I need to get one of those tickers I've seen some of you have that helps me countdown weight loss, lol.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow!  I love all of your sentimental ideas!  I don't know why I never thought about something like that.  Boudoir albums sound hot.  I bet the guys flip if they aren't expecting that!  Makes me feel better about not wanting to spend money on some cheesy cuff links or something.  SuperXer- I love your idea of your married bucket list: goals, dreams, hopes, etc.  I think that is definitely a keepsake item, especially because life changes so much it'll be fun to look back on it.  I'm going to talk to FI about that.  

Thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am hoping to do a  boudoir album for FI.  Also, I am looking into booking a '57 chevy limo for him as well.  It is too small for our bridal party so he thinks it got ruled out.  If we have a hm, it will take us to the airport, if not I will just have it transport the guys from our house to the church the day of the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Def doing a boudoir shoot for him, and giving him all the pics in an album the day of. He has no idea, and I havent told anyone. I am keeping it a secret not only from him. We have a lot of friends that have big mouths.
  • Options
    we did not do gifts, but rather cards.

we paid for our wedding and honeymoon ourselves.  we felt that was gift enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards