Tennessee
Options

Destination Smoky Mountain Wedding-HELP!!!

Hello Everyone!

I just recently got engaged in the Smoky Mountains on August 15 and am starting the process of trying to plan a wedding.  Even though i live near Chicago my fiance and I have always wanted a Smoky Mountain wedding.  We have been to the area numerous times and love the area!  We are considering getting married next October towards the end of the month and on a weekday.  We would like to get married when the leaves are changing (even though we know that the area will be very busy.  Hopefully, getting married on a weekday will help alleviate that problem!)  I have just started calling a few vendors and would really like your guys opinion.

I called Almost Heaven and also the Lodge at Buckberry Creek.  Almost Heaven looks beautiful. However, having a reception and ceremony there is way out of my price range.  I would consider just reserving the site and planning a reception later.  However, when i do that i can't do sunset pics on the property.  When I called the Lodge at Buckberry Creek they said that they would work on a quote for me near their Pavillion area.  This area is located near a creek on their property.  Not really what i hoped for.

I understand that since i would like to have an october wedding things will probably be more expensive which is fine.  However, i would like to make it easy for my guests and myself to try to keep the ceremony, reception, and lodging close to one another.  That is why Buckberry Lodge was so attractive to me.  I've heard of some bed and breakfasts in nearby areas, but not so sure on the price.  I will probably have around 30 guests.  I am very early in the planning process and definently do not have any hard numbers. 

Any advice is much appreciated!  Sorry this message is such a jumble LOL. 

Re: Destination Smoky Mountain Wedding-HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my fi & i are planning a december wedding in the gatlinburg/pigeon forge area. we are also exploring reasonable reception options. we will have close to the same amount of guests and im currently looking for venues. i'm eager to see what you come up with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Sampson's Hollow in Walland ~ great location in the mountains, affordable and wonderful staff to work with!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hello

First let me start by saying congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!  I understand what u are going through. I too just had a wedding about 5 months ago. and let me tell u it was exhausting! lol. The reason for my email is to offer my wedding planning services to you at a 50% off rate. I am just getting my feet wet in this business and would love to help out another bride. I have a list of great vendors whom I personally worked with from hair and makeup to cakes and photos! We can work with any budget!  If I can be of any services to you please don’t hesitate to email me or call and let me know. Also please check me out on face book. If you can please refer a friend...thx

www.facebook.com/pages/3-Sistahs-Wedding-Event-Planning/242870509087464">http://www.facebook.com/pages/3-Sistahs-Wedding-Event-Planning/242870509087464
    I AM MRS DuBose....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards