Michigan-Northern

Please Help Me!

Hi, My Name Is Nicole and My FI name Is Jon. We Are From Alabama and our wedding is October 29, 2011 
We are considering mackina Island For our honeymoon. Only problem is we cannt find much info on the island during the time of our wedding. We Are worried about the weather conditions for that time of year and are trying to find out if this would be a good decision. Thank you for ur help.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Please Help Me!

• southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nicole! The weather on Mackinac Island at that time of the year will likely be cool (forties and fifties) and blustery. I was there in mid October last year and the trees had already lost all their leaves. It will be very quiet as the bulk of the busy tourist season ends early in September. If none of this bothers you, then it might be a good place for a honeymoon. I spent this past weekend on Mackinac Island and it was sunny with temps in the fifties. I love the island! If you t go for your HM definitely consider a trip some other time. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

What All THings would be avaliable to us as far as entertainment goes?

Jon is also considering Niagra Falls if u know any info on that, It would be appriciated as well.

Thank You So Much For Ur time :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Much of the Island will be closed by that time of the year. And the weather is very hard to predict. I live on the mainland about twenty minutes south of the Island. My wedding is October 22nd. I have to keep reminding people that it could be 70 & gorgeous or it could be snowing. Two years ago, we had a big snowfall mid-October. Last year, we had a beautiful October. But here's a website on the Island. Good luck!
    http://www.mackinacisland.org/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you very much
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the cute shops will be closed on the island by then as well as all the shops in Mackinac City. Its still a beautiful place to go and visit but in terms of entertainment there won't be much. In the summer time you can rent bikes while on the island but all that stuff typically ends around Labor Day. I would recommend coming at a time when the island is more open and I promise you will love every minute of it then!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards