Connecticut

wedding albums vs coffeetable books

What are you all doing for parents books? Our wedding photos are amazing and I want to do some surprise parent albums for our parents who both have anniversaries in May soon and we are moving in the spring and will not be here for them. Catherine took a lot of great pics of my parents and even my grandmothers dancing, which is a definate.  I can do my own coffeetable books but after seeing a few my friends have passed around recently I'm a bit concerned with the way they hold up over time. Do you think it would be worth it to do good albums for my parents or just stick with the coffeetable book. What other pics should I put in them (Engagements??)or should I ruin the surprise a bit and ask them to pick there own? (Which I'm afraid is not going to happen ever since there are nearly 3000 jpegs on my disks.)

Re: wedding albums vs coffeetable books

• What do your parents have room for? I know my parents would want a smaller, coffee table book while FI's parents would probably want whatever was more "affordable"- i.e they would think we wasted money on a nice book and that we could do it cheaper ourselves.

I think that maybe you cuold ask them something like "what were your favorite moments at our wedding" and make sure to get pictures of that in there.
  • I think we are going to stick with coffee table books for our parents.  I just don't see them needing an archive quality album.  We will have an archive quality ourselves that we could always lend to them if their coffee table album was to get ruined.  Plus we will have the rights to our photos and can always make a new coffee table album for them.

They are going to show it off a lot in the first year but then I expect the excitment to wear off. 

• I think we will probably do coffee table books as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys. I ended up mentioning it to my mother (surprise ruined) and she wants the regular album because she saw what happened to my cousins coffeetable book and she saw the flush book when we booked our photographer. But the good news is she is going to give us some money toward it so now what do I do about Hubbies parents?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards