Illinois-Chicago
Options

Wedding night hotel!

Im looking for a beautiful hotel for our wedding night but need help! Weddings in orland park illinois so something nearby would be great. thanks

Re: Wedding night hotel!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to stay in the burbs, what about the Westin in Lombard? It is one of the nicer hotels in the suburbs. Have you considered going downtown for the night?
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Westin in Lombard is really nice, or the Embassy Suites. Also, there is the Hyatt Lodge in Oakbrook.
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that the Westin in Lombard is nice, but I received TERRIBLE customer service there when I contacted them about having my wedding reception there, so I, personally, would be wary about staying there.  The Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook that Aimers suggested is very nice, as is Hotel Arista in Naperville, but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to trek to Naperville on your wedding night.  Where is your room block for your guests, if you have one?  Could you stay there? We're staying at the hotel in Naperville where our room block is for convenience...my reception is in Wheaton and I know that the last thing that I'd want to do is drive to a hotel in Chicago or wherever.  FI and I are looking forward to continuing the party at the hotel bar with friends and family afterward!  Good luck with your search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_wedding-night-hotel-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:3a082eb4-43e6-4f8c-b5ac-229e17988279Post:dbadc44f-ca81-4949-b8ab-621e3b50641e">Re: Wedding night hotel!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard that the Westin in Lombard is nice, but <strong>I received TERRIBLE customer service there when I contacted them about having my wedding reception there</strong>, so I, personally, would be wary about staying there.  The Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook that Aimers suggested is very nice, as is Hotel Arista in Naperville, but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to trek to Naperville on your wedding night.  Where is your room block for your guests, if you have one?  Could you stay there? We're staying at the hotel in Naperville where our room block is for convenience...my reception is in Wheaton and I know that the last thing that I'd want to do is drive to a hotel in Chicago or wherever.  FI and I are looking forward to continuing the party at the hotel bar with friends and family afterward!  Good luck with your search!
    Posted by TEA&Co[/QUOTE]
    Bummer! That's too bad--we considered it for our wedding too.  We also looked at Hotel Arista--very nice rooms! 

Forgot to mention--our wedding is at the Hyatt in Schaumburg, and we're just spending the night there too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the hotel where our hotel block is at-so long as 10 rooms are booked, we get it for free that night.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    RachelF2011RachelF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ill have to look into that!
  • Options
    RachelF2011RachelF2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i looked at the lombard one its looks great but its 45 mins from the reception :( good ideas though,  dont feel so overwhelmed now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having our wedding in Orland Park, but our room is included with our reception package (hotel is attached).
    Just one other idea for you though,maybe  the Hilton in Oak Lawn.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards