Michigan-Detroit

Outdoor Wedding Location

Does anyone know of a good location for an outdoor wedding reception downriver? 

I was hoping to do something around Lake Erie, but there aren't really any beaches or anything.  Or are they there, and I just don't know it?  If so, how do I get permission to have a reception there? 
BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!

Re: Outdoor Wedding Location

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check the stickies at the top of the board that mention vendors.  It is a massive list of everyone's vendors--including ceremony locations.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked through the stickies, but I couldn't find too much on outdoor receptions. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where (more specifically) are you looking/thinking about?
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Is it important that it be near water, or were you just thinking more about outdoors? There are a few places in Macomb County near Lake St Clair, not sure about Lake Erie.

My wedding is outdoors, in Livonia, at Greenmead Historic Village. Let me know if you want more info and don't care about lake access.

• edited December 2011
    Wyandotte has a couple places for an outdoor wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd prefer overlooking the water.  Hubby's family is all downriver (Taylor, Riverview, Flat Rock).  Mine is all in Detroit, Dearborn, and Gibraltar.  Something along Lake Erie or Detroit River would be great. 

One thing we were thinking was possibly renting a section of Lake Erie Metro Park and having an outdoor reception there. 

I'm still open to other venues however.  Livonia is possibly a little far, but it could work also.  Our ceremony is going to be held at Holy Redeemer Church in Detroit.
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd suggest either doing your idea with Lake Erie Metro Park, or maybe Belle Isle?  I'm not sure on your budget but there also is the Detroit Yacht Club or maybe the river walk?  Not sure if you can have a wedding on the river walk but it would definitely be a pretty site.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony/reception at the SilverShore Waterfront in Wyandotte.  The ceremony is on their patio in front of the water and it is absolutely beautiful.  They are also really great to work with. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Also try WesCroft Gardens in Grosse Ile and Lake Erie Metropark you can rent out the Gazebos for the day.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards