Honeymoon Discussions

Can travel agents adjust airfare?

When we were interviewing travel agents, one of the questions we asked was if the price of airfare/resort went down after booking, were they able to adjust the price.

The agency we went through said yes (however, only over the phone, not in writing).  Our flights to St. Lucia have dropped, but our agent is ignoring our question regarding the adjustment......

Re: Can travel agents adjust airfare?

• it usually depends on if the air was ticketed already. once its ticketed, you own it and there are change penalties.
  • If when you put a deposit down (or paid in full) on your trip it included the airfare ticket, then no, you cannot change your airfare without a fee. If your TA told you otherwise, then she would be mistaken, as NO travel agent can do that. Were it a cruise or a hotel room pricing...then yes, they could change the pricing up until a certain point before your trip (usually it's only if it's not paid in full from my experience, but could be different depending on what you're doing/where youi're going). I would just give your TA a call and ask her about it on the phone and not get off the phone until you get a straight answer. GL!
  • I think it depends on the TA.

We booked an Apple Vacation through TA so it's a chartered flight, but after we booked the hotel rates dropped.  We had paid a $100 price insurance fee....the rates dropped $300/pp so after the insurance, we came out $500 ahead from when we booked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards