Iowa-Des Moines

Ceremony and reception sites

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Des Moines (about 6 months) and am recently engaged.  My fiancee and myself decided it would be easiest on us to plan for our wedding here, where we live, but we don't know the area really well.  Can anyone recommend any places that they absolutly loved so we can start to look into them.  We are hoping for a spring wedding, and at or near a hotel would be helpful since the majority of our guest will likely be out of towners.  Thank you so much for any recommendations. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ceremony and reception sites

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement! 

We had our ceremony at the rose garden in Greenwood park, right behind the Des Moines Art Center on Grand.  And the reception was on the Baratta's terrace at the State Historical Building, on Locust one block from the capitol.  We loved both of the venues and have gotten all sorts of compliments on how gorgeous the settings were.

There are pictures of the ceremony and reception sites from our wedding day in my bio, under (appropriately) ceremony and reception. 

Good luck!  
  • sfrazer11sfrazer11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Foxboro conference center right off of 86th St. in Johnston.  The Hilton Garden Inn, TownPlace Suites by Marriott, and Microtel Inn & Suites are all within about 2 miles.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards