African American Weddings
Options

Champagne toast...

Are you doing champagne for all of your guests? Our venue does not offer a complimentary champagne toast. The cost is $5-7.50 depending on how fancy you want it or you can do white whine at $22 bottle. For our estimate of 125 guests this is a few hundred dollars I am not even considering! We said we would do champagne for our head table. Is that ok? Is it weird if the guests don't have one? Are you doing champagne toast for everyone?
imageAnniversary

Re: Champagne toast...

• Options
    We are doing a champagne toast with everyone only because it is included in my package with my venue..the way we would have included everyone in the toast if it wsnt included was to simply just have them raise their glass of whtever they're drinking at the moment..its still a toast and it saves yu a few 100..or yu can go buy a couple bottles of sparkling cider and have everyone toast with that. Good luck!
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_champagne-toast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ce29fd3e-b6ca-4046-bc28-df2dd98d190bPost:e82e7424-78be-4ba2-825f-42521a1e2bab">Re:Champagne toast...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a champagne toast with everyone only because it is included in my package with my venue..the way we would have included everyone in the toast if it wsnt included was to simply just have them raise their glass of whtever they're drinking at the moment..its still a toast and it saves yu a few 100..or yu can go <strong>buy a couple bottles of sparkling cider and have everyone toast with that. Good luck!
    </strong>Posted by shano06[/QUOTE]

This! Many of our guests do not drink so we wanted to make sure they felt included. Everyone is toasting sparkling cider but we will also have red and white wine on the tables.

Can I be honest, if you can't afford a good champagne then don't get the cheap kind. It does not taste good and easily can make people sick.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    Our toast is included in the venue but I am also having the option of sparkling cider since I don't like champagne and I know that others might not. I have been to weddings where there was champagne at the head table and an ice bucket with sparkling cider at each table...no one seemed to care one way or the other. And I liked the cider!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We can't bring outside food and drink in. All of that is through our venue. We are having open bar so I was thinking whatever they are already drinking they could toast with even if its water....is that ok?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    The only toast that is included with my package is for the Bridal Party only (and it will be done in another location of the venue that is seperate from the ballroom). We have an open bar where wine is included, if guests want to toast once we make it to the ballroom, they can gladly make their way to the open bar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ..thts fine..a toast is a toast no matter what yu do it with.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_champagne-toast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ce29fd3e-b6ca-4046-bc28-df2dd98d190bPost:e82e7424-78be-4ba2-825f-42521a1e2bab">Re:Champagne toast...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We are doing a champagne toast with everyone only because it is included in my package with my venue..</strong>the way we would have included everyone in the toast if it wsnt included was to simply just have them raise their glass of whtever they're drinking at the moment..its still a toast and it saves yu a few 100..or yu can go buy a couple bottles of sparkling cider and have everyone toast with that. Good luck!
    Posted by shano06[/QUOTE]

This! Our venue wouldn't have allowed us to bring in outside food either so it was this or whatever happened to be in their hand at the moment.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_champagne-toast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ce29fd3e-b6ca-4046-bc28-df2dd98d190bPost:30785380-a4c6-440b-af82-94393dcc30e5">Re: Champagne toast...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Our toast is included in the venue but I am also having the option of sparkling cider</strong> since I don't like champagne and I know that others might not. I have been to weddings where there was champagne at the head table and an ice bucket with sparkling cider at each table...no one seemed to care one way or the other. And I liked the cider!
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

We're doing this.. mostly because the majority of people that are attending don't drink.. that and I can't drink champagne. Those who want to get tipsy can go to the bar...
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_champagne-toast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ce29fd3e-b6ca-4046-bc28-df2dd98d190bPost:4988da26-95ee-496a-b3b9-79e0e1a88f3e">Re: Champagne toast...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We can't bring outside food and drink in.</strong> All of that is through our venue. We are having open bar so I was thinking whatever they are already drinking they could toast with even if its water....is that ok?
    Posted by MrsBoss2012[/QUOTE]

Same with my venue. We're doing beer and wine, so I figured that people can toast with whatever they're drinking. I think it's fine to do this - my family and friends aren't very fancy anyway. LOL.
  • Options
    We are toasting with whatever you are already drinking.  Table service is already included (but that is because we are only 35 guests).
    I think once some one starts clanking their glass and raising it, people will grab whatever they have infront of them instinctively.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing one only because my Mom insists on it.  Our venue charges $50 a bottle for champagne (luckily we have a super small party) or you can bring in your own and pay a $25 per bottle corkage fee.  The only restriction is that you cant bring in something that they offer on the menu.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited March 2012
    This brought up a question with FI and I just now... he no longer has a best man (long story) and my matron of honor is.. .well anyway we don't want her to do a toast either. Who else can toast besides them and parents? Both aren't an option. 

ETA: we got them dang toasting flutes so we want to use them for something. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_champagne-toast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ce29fd3e-b6ca-4046-bc28-df2dd98d190bPost:11e92d95-374e-4d70-8d00-0aab8c25f6f4">Re: Champagne toast...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This brought up a question with FI and I just now... he no longer has a best man (long story) and my matron of honor is.. .well anyway we don't want her to do a toast either. Who else can toast besides them and parents? Both aren't an option.  ETA: we got them dang toasting flutes so we want to use them for something. LOL
    Posted by Soon2BSand[/QUOTE]

I don't know if its called a "toast" when the bride and groom do it, but I've seen the bride and groom give speeches, saying what they mean to each other, thanking family and friends for support, whatever they want to say and toasting glasses to that.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_champagne-toast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ce29fd3e-b6ca-4046-bc28-df2dd98d190bPost:a1e4f732-b580-4f3c-bc85-52313d8fdef2">Re: Champagne toast...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Champagne toast... : I don't know if its called a "toast" when the bride and groom do it, but I've seen the bride and groom give speeches, saying what they mean to each other, thanking family and friends for support, whatever they want to say and toasting glasses to that.
    Posted by MrsBoss2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'll drink to that!</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks chica! <span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span></div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    Good question as this was a switch was us when FI decided he wanted alcohol at the reception a month ago. Venue has to provide it, but our quote was for under $3 per person. For you, I think champagne at your table and whatever for the guest will be fine. I've had water or sparking grape juice at a few events when toasts are made. For SoontobeSands, I think the two parents and either your FI or you would be fine. I've seen the groom give a toast to his new wife before and then one parent from each side.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    u know what i didnt even think about this now i have to go look at my conttact and see if my venue does the champagne toast grrr
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • Options
    we are not doing one whatever they have in there glasses thats what they will toast with
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards