Favors

Candy Bar Expense

Do Candy Bars tend to be expensive?  Do they tend to be more or less expensive that regular favors?

Re: Candy Bar Expense

• abilodeauabilodeau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a candy bar at our wedding and I think that it may be about the same price, maybe a little more expensive depending on the type of candy and containers to put it in. We founf a place online that gave us a great deal on candy, its honestly the shipping that costs so much, but they were having a flat tate $9 shipping!!! Then the containers we are using are basically oversized martini, margherita, champagne, and another kind of glass (i forget the name of it) We got them at two different places, Michaels has some that we got there, and if you sign up online for their e-mail club you get a 50% off coupon. So we just used multiple coupons and got 50% off of each vase!!! We also got some at a store called Old Time Pottery. Depending on where you live there may be one in your area. We were originally looking online for personalized bags but diceded to save money so we were walking through Target one day and say perfect cello bags that were our colors, so we are using those and are printing our own stickers to attatch to the fronts!!
  • edited December 2011
    depending on the size of the candy bar(if you chose 5 dif candy's rather then 10 its going to be a little cheaper) and the candy you choose the price can vary,
    i did both a candy bar with 14 dif candies and reg favors and they cost about the same.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My candy bar was way more expensive than I thought it would be, but one reason was I bought too much candy.  Keep it to about 1/4 lb. per person.   
  • edited December 2011
    I'd never even heard of a candy bar before TK. It makes me sad because my dentist just lectured me on cutting back on sweets. No candies or Cokes for me.
  • halee.gosshalee.goss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    abilodeau -  Where did you orderyour candy from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards