Rhode Island

best bridal shop for dress?

I just got engaged and getting married this september!  Anyone have a suggestion for a bridal shop since I only have 4 months??

Thanks!

Re: best bridal shop for dress?

• susieq52susieq52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do yourself a huge favor and make an appointment with the House of Brides in woonsocket RI. I know their # cause I purchased almost everything from them....401-762-1772. they were wonderful and they have some great off the rack gowns for sale. Really, I had such a great experience with them!
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Helene's Bridal Shop in East Providence. Ana is the sweetest and kindest person I met while dress shopping. I may not have found my dress there ( I bought it at Running of the Brides) but my sister and mom found their dress. Prices are reasonable and they carry designer dresses not available in other local shops...like tara keely. You might be able to score a sample dress at a great price. The ratings also speak for their customer service too. Another place I like was Classy and Sassy in East Greenwich. Wonderful customer service and great selection on dresses. They recently picked up Enzoani Blue too.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Wishing Well in East Providence. They were sweethearts and made me feel comfortable since I am not a size 2. They are having a Maggie trunk show going on when I went for a fitting the other night, but not sure if it is still going on. I also went to Davids first for styles. Also went to Botecellis and they were really nice. Good Luck shopping but most of all have fun.
  • jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Cinderella's in Warwick/East Greenwich.  Scott is awesome to work with.  He pulled a dress for me and it was never something I would have picked for myself.  I tried it on and it was amazing...ended up being my dress!  I don't know what they have for in stock stuff, but my dress didn't take long to come in.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for quick I suggest David's  They said 6 monthsfor BM's dresses and they came in less than 6 days.  I bought my gown at The Bridal Shoppe in Warwick.  Donna has a great eye and I bought the second dress I tried there.  Totally not what I thought I wanted.  The dress took 4 months to come in but maybe you could buy a sample off the rack.
  • edited December 2011
    I liked:

Alexandria's in Fall River, MA
    Allegria's in Belmont, MA
    L'Reine in Waltham, MA

Allegria's was by far my favorite because the salon was huge and modern (no dingy closet-like spaces) and they had high end designers, which are hard to find in our area.
  • edited December 2011

Alfred Angelo on RT.1 North Attleboro, MA are great! (In the Old Navy Plaza) May want to try them. They are super nice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • susieq52susieq52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    House of Brides in Woonsocket Rhode Island!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I second (or third I guess) House of Brides!  Linda was AMAZING!!
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards