Snarky Brides
Options

Wanna reminisce?

Last night I was flipping through channels and I landed on E.T. the Extraterrestrial.  OMG.  That was one of my favorite movies growing up and I watched it so many fricken times.  I didn't realize who those "bad guys" were - the government officials - until years later, lol.  Also I bawled like a friggen baby at the end of it, like I always have.

My favorite Disney movie was Oliver and Company and I had a little Oliver toy I carried friggen everywhere.

I played with a crap ton of Barbies and My Little Ponies. 

At my SIL's house last night she was saying that she loved having a big fenced in backyard so her son could play back there.  Reminded me of all the playing my sisters and I did outside when I was little... but uh, we would sometimes end up a mile or so away from our house, lol.

I miss the farmhouse we grew up in.  I can still smell the varnish on all the woodwork in that house.

What are some of your good memories?
panther

Re: Wanna reminisce?

• Options
    ET scares the everloving shiit out of me.  My babysitter made me watch it repeatedly when I was little, and it seriously scarred me for life.  The Little Mermaid will always be my favorite Disney movie.  Steely Dan reminds me of our old house, and it makes me think of sitting on the floor doodling while my dad blared his Steely Dan cd super loud.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Family Matters. It was clearly the most awesome show ever.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:3d2d6159-2755-417d-8f22-db10c1e2816b">Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last night I was flipping through channels and I landed on E.T. the Extraterrestrial.  OMG.  That was one of my favorite movies growing up and I watched it so many fricken times.  I didn't realize who those "bad guys" were - the government officials - until years later, lol.  Also I bawled like a friggen baby at the end of it, like I always have. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>A friend and I watched the Secret of Nimh a few years ago. It was the first time we realized that NIMH was the National Institute of Mental Health. They were the ones who had been experimenting on the rats. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:c06f1dde-e8ff-44d9-82a2-25176b0ffb04">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wanna reminisce? : A friend and I watched the Secret of Nimh a few years ago. It was the first time we realized that NIMH was the National Institute of Mental Health. <strong>They were the ones who had been experimenting on the rats. </strong>
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]
    This just blew. my. mind.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:c06f1dde-e8ff-44d9-82a2-25176b0ffb04">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wanna reminisce? : A friend and I watched the Secret of Nimh a few years ago. It was the first time we realized that NIMH was the National Institute of Mental Health. They were the ones who had been experimenting on the rats. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]<div>
     I love The Secret of Nimh. The movie and the book. I haven't seen it in forever though, I should probably watch it again. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:8f380876-d8ff-4fcf-83c4-24cb61f78366">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Family Matters. It was clearly the most awesome show ever.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

The OG mom lives in my town. We saw her at Costco!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wanna reminisce? : A friend and I watched the Secret of Nimh a few years ago. It was the first time we realized that NIMH was the National Institute of Mental Health. They were the ones who had been experimenting on the rats. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Holy shiit I never made that connection either!!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:ae06c34a-6639-46f2-8fd4-cd6977ba82d9">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE Oliver and Company. And also the Aristocats. My little brother and I used to play store and make our parents come and buy our broken/used toys. My Little Ponies are still awesome. My mom kept all of mine so hopefully I can pass them down one day. My Little Petshop and Polly Pocket were big ones for me too. And the Briar Horses? I was that girl who loved horses and unicorns.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE My Little Ponies! I still have mine, too.  I probably have close to 100 of them - I would save my allowance to buy them.  I also loved Precious Places.  I was never really into Barbie much, though.</div><div>
    </div><div>And I'm not 100% sure what prompted me to start doing this, but I used to draw/color various patterns on those tiny sized post it notes and pretend to be a carpet/window treatment salesperson.  I must have seen fabric samples/carpet squares when my parents were renovating the house and thought it was cool? I was a weird kid. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I had Lady Lovely Locks, MilkDuds!

I also had a couple Keepers.  They were these pretty glittery animals you could unlock with a key and they had a little buddy inside, lol.  My favorite one was Princess Swan.  She had long pink and purple hair.  I'd brush it really soft all the time.
    panther
  • Options
    I want Boy Meets World on DVD.  I LOVED that show.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Did anyone else have Puppy Surprise or whatever they were called? "How many puuuuuppies are there inside!? Will there be 3, 4 or 5?!?!"  Kind of creepy, looking back now!
  • Options
    Did anyone ever watch the cartoon Jem & The Holograms? I was obsessed with her, and I confess I bought the DVD set of all the shows for myself for Christmas this year :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:4730d7f2-04a5-403e-b282-e59a2ec0974e">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone else have Puppy Surprise or whatever they were called? "How many puuuuuppies are there inside!? Will there be 3, 4 or 5?!?!"  Kind of creepy, looking back now!
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Hahah oh you best believe my sisters and I had those things too.
    panther
  • Options
    Ooh, polly pockets were awesome. What about a skip-it? I loved that thing, but my dog chewed it up and broke it. Pogs, I used to collect those.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:e5b5e503-4a4c-4468-9f4a-b28a260a49b9">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember reading the American Girl books (the Samantha ones).  Then I would flip through the catalog and calculate how long it would take me to buy the entire Samantha collection.  I think I got $5/week for allowance.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I loved those books.  I didn't care about the dolls or the magazines but I loved reading the books.  Felicity was my favorite!
    panther
  • Options
    Koda I think we had a similar childhood in terms of toys at least. Was the last thing you mentioned a Furbie? They were huge at one point but I think it was when I was older.

I loved Jem, the gay bar we hang out at was giving away a DVD set recently and I was really sad I didn't win. I always kind of liked the Misfits better though. 
  • Options
    Nicole I hated pogs.  I totally rebelled against all the kids playing pogs at recess and my friends and I would play with... marbles.
    panther
  • Options
    Legend and Stand By Me were my favorite childhood movies.

Instead of Cabbage Patch Kids, Polly Pockets or My Little Pony, my cousin and I played with Bubblin's and Magic Nursery dolls.

I loved Sailor Moon (the cartoon), and want to be Sailor Jupiter for Halloween this year:
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:d8f05bfa-e958-4b79-a9e6-55802ae5b5d5">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, polly pockets were awesome. What about a skip-it? I loved that thing, but my dog chewed it up and broke it. Pogs, I used to collect those.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

Did you get the Apollo 13 ones from McDonald's too? Those were the shiit.
  • Options

AATB the funny thing is I never did really know how to play pogs, I just collected them. I wouldn't play because I didn't want to lose the ones I had! Celtic I liked the blue-haired misfit, because she was the nice one.

• Options
    Oh I liked Molly too.  And Kirsten?  The Molly book that broke my heart was when she was in a show and had to have curly hair for her part, so she was always rolling them up wet and then they'd have to dry curly.  Then having a wet head all the time made her sick so she couldn't perform, lol.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:f907bb13-a514-47ab-aab4-e1180e1f8111">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want Boy Meets World on DVD.  I LOVED that show.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Do you have Targets by you? I have no idea how widespread Target stores are. Reason I ask is they're selling that awesome show in deal packs at Target. Like Season 1&2, 3&4 etc together at a good price.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:63f36b6c-f48d-4d7a-824c-bcc398954387">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wanna reminisce? : Did you get the Apollo 13 ones from McDonald's too? Those were the shiit.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Haha yes!
  • Options
    Do any of you remember Pocket Rockers? They were like miniature, colorful tape players that played a tiny cassette with only one song on it. I had a purple one with some Bangles songs and Van Halen's Jump. Very few people seem to know what I am talking about. 

A show I loved on Nick that no one else seems to remember is The Lost City of Gold. it was about a bunch of kids looking for the Seven Cities of Gold in 16th century New World. 

• Options

Dinosaurs TV show. I loved that show. The baby was my favorite.

• Options
    I never had Pogs either, but I kid you not I saw some for sale this weekend at a sports memorabilia store by all of the collector cards. I think they were 12 for $1.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:5a8978cc-6e41-453a-86d9-72bfa07833da">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember collecting stickers and having a sticker book.  Some of them were scratch n' sniff and smelled like food.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Yeah! And I had a bunch of Lisa Frank stickers and stationary crap.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:1f09d57b-fd1c-4bba-8323-ca2f3fe744fd">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kirsten.. so we're missing one then.  Abagail?  I only like the five original ones.  I think they added some to the collection.  I'm skeptical of them.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>There were only three original girls, Kirstin, Samantha, and Molly. Next the added Felicity, then Addie then Josephine I think. This is when I stopped paying attention and reading the books. I think there are a few more now. </div>
  • Options
    DODGERS. I loved that show!

My cousins and I used to pretend that the wooden swing set in our neighbors yard was a boat and we all had our positions on the boat. My tallest cousin was the lookout, my brother was the captain and somehow I wound up being the cook.

My brother and I had this Ken doll that for whatever reason we took apart into all of his different pieces and spread him all over the house. I guess we thought we were funny?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wanna-reminisce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e0404b9d-1ef9-4e4c-b28a-27b19f076875Post:5346d05a-8d78-4c90-b727-c8c2b62fbc56">Re: Wanna reminisce?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dinosaurs TV show. I loved that show. The baby was my favorite.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

Not the mama, not the mama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards