Ohio-Toledo

Fellow Knotties, PLEASE send some good vibes my way!!!

I think every brides worst nightmare has happened to me.....a problem with your dress.

I am 32 days from my wedding and I STILL don't have my dress.  The bridal shop I ordered it from said that when I ordered my dress, I had PLENTY of time.  She said it would be in the beginning of August and tomorrow is now September 1st and it's STILL not here.  Everytime I talk to the bridal shop, I get a different story from the owner.  She has been down right rude, yells at me, and tells me I'm a difficult person to deal with and I'm harassing her.  I have called her on 5 occasions this month checking on the status of my dress at points in which she has either told me it will ship or be delivered.  Every time I talk with her, she pushes it off again.  She finally gave me a ship date of August 19th, but it's STILL not here.  She said it would be here in 7-10 days, then she changed her story to 7-10 business days.  I asked her for the tracking number and one minute she said she will give it to me,  yet she turns around and refuses to give it to me.  I have no idea why she is holding onto that tracking # so dearly, but she just won't give it up.  So last evening I called the local police and the point that I'm at is if the dress doesn't arrive this Thursday at 5pm, as she has promised me, they will file theft charges against her.  When I spoke to her one time yesterday she said that I was not allowed in her store to try my dress on or examine it and that the exchange of the dress would be done in the parking lot, but the next time I spoke with her, she said that she never said that and that I was changing the story again, as she has accused me of changing stories many times, yet she is putting words into my mouth and telling me how I feel.  I honestly think this woman has a psychological disorder.  I feel that she has lied to me about many things now.

All I want out of this is just my dress.  I am 32 days away from my wedding and I have no idea where I'm going to come up with a dress in 32 days if it doesn't come.  I have no idea if she even ordered it as I tried the manufacturer of this dress and they won't give me any info due to privacy policies.  I fell in love with this dress and stopped looking as I never imagined I would have to find an alternate dress.  I'm just so sick to my stomach. :(

So...ladies, if you could please send some good vibes my way that my dress will arrive and that the woman doesn't ruin my dress when/if it comes, as I'm afraid she may do that too cause I've upset her so bad for just trying to get my dress, I would appreciate it.  The only good thing about this situation is the Chief of Police that I spoke with last night is on my side, but his hands are tied as to what he can do as nothing can be done at this point.

PS-  No one has to worry about this bridal shop, as I live in Pennsylvania, but we are getting married in Toledo, and this shop is located in Shippensburg, PA....so luckily you ladies have nothing to worry about with this place.

Re: Fellow Knotties, PLEASE send some good vibes my way!!!

• MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness!!! :(:(

I am sending a TON of vibes your way that this will get resolved and that you'll have your dress VERY soon!!!!

I would, however, start shopping around - just in case.  A lot of times stores like David's Bridal can get dresses in really quickly, so maybe you could check them out?

I'm so sorry this is happening! :(
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Merin!

I have been looking just in case!!  I HATE David's Bridal though!!  I never went there to look at their dresses because I just don't like their collection.  I just HOPE I don't have to search for another dress.  If I do, I have no idea what I'm going to do.  Thursday will tell all as to what is going to happen!  I just hope my dress arrives.

I told my fiance, I don't think I can settle on a dress that I don't really like....it would ruin my day and I would rather postpone the wedding. :(  I just can't believe this is happening.  It's like I'm in a dream....a very bad one!!
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at allll that DB has to offer?  I know it's not for some people, but they really do have a pretty wide selection of dresses.  What does your dress that you're waiting on look like?  Do any other designers or stores have anything that's similar at all? 

I really hope this does all work out for you though!!  And I'd TOTALLY file a BBB complaint once this is done with!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh...once I finally get my dress, if I ever do, it's not over!!  I will be contacting the BBB and I'm thinking about the local tv station too because I do not want any other brides to have to go through this.  I've looked at DB dresses online, but I've never set foot in the store.  I have searched enough to see if there are any other dresses out there that are similar to mine that wouldn't take forever to order.  The dress I bought was from Maggie Sottero and the style name is Krisha.  Here are pictures of the dress.  The pictures just don't do this dress justice though.

http://cdn.maggiesottero.com/styles/389_x_529_front/S/S5163T.jpg')" src="http://cdn.maggiesottero.com/maggie/images/trans.gif" border="0" alt="Large View of the Krisha Bridal Gown" width="389" height="529" />

http://cdn.maggiesottero.com/styles/389_x_529_back/S/S5163T.jpg')" src="http://cdn.maggiesottero.com/maggie/images/trans.gif" border="0" alt="Large View of the Krisha Bridal Gown" width="389" height="529" />
  • edited December 2011
    Ok...so DB has a new collection out and there's one or two that may work....I just haven't looked since April, when I bought my dress....so there may be a posibility there!  Thanks Merin for making me look again!! :) lol
  • Altoid_StormAltoid_Storm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am not a fan of David's Bridal. I could give you some suggestions around here, but since you're in PA I don't think that will help....

Sending good vibes!!!! I hope everything works out. Please keep us posted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Altoid_Storm.  I'm not a fan of DB either, but at this point, I'm desperate to just find a dress and desperate times call for desperate measures!  I'm just hoping my dress arrives.
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you post on any pennsylvania boards?  It may not hurt to see if those ladies can recommend a place other than DB (since you aren't totally sold on them) that can get a dress to you quickly or let you buy off of the rack.  At the very least, I would vent my frustrations to those ladies too so that hopefully they don't end up buying a dress from the same place.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    cschuma2...I am going to post after Thursday.  I don't want to do anything until that point just in case the owner lurks on the boards.  But I will be sure to let area brides know and I will be contacting the BBB and do anything else I can too.

I called DB and they told me they will sell me a dress of the rack.  I think they may be about my only hope as when I went looking for dresses I couldn't find my size on the rack in many places.  So who knows...maybe my opinion of DB will change.  I did find one online from DB, so after work I'm going to go look at it and hopefully it will work as a backup.
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenzibaba -- I went to DB and I had a very good experience with purchasing my dress there.

I went to another bridal shop (Atlas in Toledo), and I thought they were mean to me.  I was biased toward DB at first -- (buying a wedding gown right off the rack? Absurd!) but I had a really great experience with the one in Toledo and in Fort Collins, CO where I live.

I'm really sorry that the bridal shop is doing this to you. :(
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    As I keep telling everyone I know...I have a lot of Bridezilla rage inside because of a flakey BM, Atlas not ordering a BM dress, and an almost mix up at the tux store (which turned out to be FI's fault, not the stores). I am totally willing to let go of my rage on anyone who deserves it and I think that place deserves it. I talked myself out of the rag with Atlas because I kept telling myself it's not this person's fault...but the owner is being a PITA at yours and I will scream for you!

KV your way. Keep us posted!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!  I did go to David's Bridal after I got off work today and I did find a back up dress.  The lady said she would hold it for me until I see what happens on Thursday.  She was very nice, considering I may not even be back to buy the dress.  I just wasn't a huge fan of David's Bridal because I couldn't find anything I really liked, but I did find one that would work!

Hopefully my original dress does come in Thursday still because I don't want to have to go through all the legal crap.
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SO glad you found a back-up!!!   I'm still hoping and wishing and crossing fingers that your original dress comes in, but I'm sure it's a little weight off your shoulders to know that you won't be without a dress if it doesn't. 

Keep us updated!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes it is alot of weight off my shoulders.  I love both dresses equally, so I would be happy with either of them.  I would actually probably be a little happier with the one from David's Bridal due to all the mess and headaches this woman has put me through as I would love to get my money back because I don't want her to have it, but I honestly don't see that happening.  But, atleast I will have a wedding dress, so I guess that's all that matters!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hoping and praying for you to get your dress! and yes! I would def. go to the BBB to let them know and everyone else in the area! No one needs to go through that! 

And yes, keep us updated on your dress!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    bridgeterdman...I did get my dress.  See my post from yesterday for all the details as getting the dress was quite an ordeal as well!  Just glad it's over!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards