Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hotels?

How much is too much? We just booked our wedding at a beautiful venue. They reccomended a hotel that they always work with and the best they can do with block pricing is $159. Now our wedding is a ways away for a lot of people and of course we do not want ANY drinking and driving and we do want everyone to have a great time. I personally feel that $159 is a lot, considering they most people will be spending a lot on gas and airfare to get here, oh and a gift. Any advice on other weddings about the going rate?

Re: Hotels?

• Wow thank you so much Litaris! Yeah that was not including a shuttle or anything. Sorry I am new to the knot! Not sure where to and where not to post things
  • it really depends on the time of year, location and if there are special events going on that weekend.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yeah, totally depends when/where. Our hotel block is for more than that, but with most Hotels in DC charging a premium with Cherry Blossom time, it's actually quite a bit cheaper than almost anywhere else in DC proper at the moment. Do some research and see what other hotels are charging.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Ditto the others. For some hotels that would normally charge $200+ a night, 159 would be a steal and a very good group rate. But like others have pointed out, you may be able to find better, cheaper options elsewhere nearby, so I would certainly ask around at other hotels. We live in a moderate cost of living city and our group rate was $99 a night which included a free breakfast in the morning. But down the street another hotel charged $129 a night for a group reduced rate. It varies so much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards