Virginia

Vendor Reviews

We got married in Newport News on Kuly 10th so I wanted to share vendor reviews.
1. Photography: Clark Bailey Photographers (www.clarkbailey.net). Picking the photographer was one of the hardest decision but turned out to be one of the best decisions. Troy is from the Northern Va/Maryland area but traveled to Tidewater for our wedding. We didn't have a chance to meet Troy before the day of but he fit right in with us, our families, and guests. He was professional but easy going and has a good sense of humor.  We got our professional pcitures back and love them. Even guests who were at the reception and happened to see his pics on the computer liked them. Several people got his business card and also asked us about him later. Iwould definently recommend him.

2. Reception Site: Omni Hotel Newport News. In the end, they did a great job with making sure things were perfect for the reception. The food was great, the set up looked good and everybody enjoyed themselves. It was a slight process gettig to that point, and having at least three people handling my account. However, they pulled it off nicely.
As part of our package, we also stayed at the Omni the night of the wedding. They gave us a very nice suite and brunch the next morning included in our package so that was a nice bonus.

3. Cake: We got out cakes from Bella cakes (www.bellacakes1.com). This was by far our easiest decision to make. Bella Cakes was recommended by our Day of coordinator. I contacted her, we did a tasting, and booked her the same day. We hadn't been to any one else but the cake tasting went well and she could see our vision. I loved how we were able to personalize the cake with different flavors at different layers (we had a 3 layer cake designed like gift boxes). And with delivery available, we had nothing to worry about. The day of the wedding, the cake was gorgeous and every one enjoyed eating it.

I think that's it. We didn't have a limo, our flowers were done by a family friend and our DOC was a family friend as well.

Happy planning to everyone

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    We got married in Newport News on Kuly 10th so I wanted to share vendor reviews.
    1. Photography: Clark Bailey Photographers (www.clarkbailey.net). Picking the photographer was one of the hardest decision but turned out to be one of the best decisions. Troy is from the Northern Va/Maryland area but traveled to Tidewater for our wedding. We didn't have a chance to meet Troy before the day of but he fit right in with us, our families, and guests. He was professional but easy going and has a good sense of humor.  We got our professional pcitures back and love them. Even guests who were at the reception and happened to see his pics on the computer liked them. Several people got his business card and also asked us about him later. Iwould definently recommend him.

2. Reception Site: Omni Hotel Newport News. In the end, they did a great job with making sure things were perfect for the reception. The food was great, the set up looked good and everybody enjoyed themselves. It was a slight process gettig to that point, and having at least three people handling my account. However, they pulled it off nicely.
    As part of our package, we also stayed at the Omni the night of the wedding. They gave us a very nice suite and brunch the next morning included in our package so that was a nice bonus.

3. Cake: We got out cakes from Bella cakes (www.bellacakes1.com). This was by far our easiest decision to make. Bella Cakes was recommended by our Day of coordinator. I contacted her, we did a tasting, and booked her the same day. We hadn't been to any one else but the cake tasting went well and she could see our vision. I loved how we were able to personalize the cake with different flavors at different layers (we had a 3 layer cake designed like gift boxes). And with delivery available, we had nothing to worry about. The day of the wedding, the cake was gorgeous and every one enjoyed eating it.

I think that's it. We didn't have a limo, our flowers were done by a family friend and our DOC was a family friend as well.

Happy planning to everyone

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards