Texas-Austin

Hair accessory or veil?

I'm really stumped about whether to have a veil or statement hair accessory (I'm thinking feathers...) What are others doing? Where have you had luck finding something in Austin? I started looking at etsy, but got completely overwhelmed.

Re: Hair accessory or veil?

• edited December 2011
    I really love cathedral length veils and think they are absolutely gorgeous...  but my dress has quite a bit of detailing andplusalso with my outdoor wedding I know it just isn't practical to wear a veil like that (for me at least).  Sooo I decided to go with a fascinator. I got one custom made on Etsy. It's an ivory chiffon flower with small crystals and pearls in the center. I really love it, but still have veil envy when I see certain pictures :P. 
  • edited December 2011
    Both!  I had a veil and orchids in my hair, but I only wore the veil for the ceremony.  If you think both is too much, just take off the veil and put in the accessory for the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered a veil from a seller on ebay. A few Austin knotties suggested her and I ended up having a great experience- really great price, excellent quality, arrived promptly.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • lasaggie08lasaggie08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing a veil during the ceremony and then taking it off for the reception and putting a vintage hair brooch in for the remainder of the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No veil for me!  My dress is really tricky with colors and detailing, so finding a veil would be the hardest thing ever.  Plus, I'm spending big bucks on my hair, so I don't want anything covering it up. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Both for me. I ddn't think I'd want a vail but when I tried it on i loved it. I also got a sparkly headband. So, I'll where the vail with headband during the ceremony and then take off the vail for the reception
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
  • edited December 2011

I think i am going to wear a veil for the ceremony and then putin a head band for the reception. I found a headband i fell in love with at the place i got my dress.(Alfred Angelo) I haven't tried on veils yet because i'm waiting for my dress to come in.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • reddswifeyreddswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm not using a veil either. i am just going with a tiara. the first dress i had picked i would have used a veil but this one just doesnt look right to me
  • foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing both. Veil is only for the ceremony. I have two small flowers to be pinned in next to each other. I could never make up my mind between the two and I always envisioned myself with a veil walking down the aisle.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on how traditional/religious your ceremony is...I can picture the veil in a traditional church ceremony.

For me personally, I don't like the veils because the tradition behind them being worn is that it symbolizes the bride's submissiveness to the groom.  I don't think so!

• treenastaatstreenastaats member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever see the movie "Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer"? (It's the second one) Jessica Alba had a beautiful viel and a really cute vielish head piece. The viel was simple and long, yet not too big, and the head piece was the eye catcher. Just an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards