Wedding Invitations & Paper

Place cards - Designating Meal Selections

What are you doing to designate meal selections on placecards?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Place cards - Designating Meal Selections

• Different colored ribbons.
  • I'm going to do diff.colored ribbon as well.

I've heard of people using small gems, stickers, and for those who have the time/$, they ordered different colors of the same patterned cards.
  • How will you attach ribbon?  Mine are just folded cards.  I kinda like the gem idea...can you buy sticker gems?
  • Mine will be folded cards as well, I plan to snip a piece of ribbon to fit around the face of the folded card and hot-glue it in the back "in the tent."

I'm almost positive you can find gems with sticker backs. Not sure where, but I'm pretty sure they've got to exist!
  • They do have stickered gems. You can get them in any craft store. We're either using ribbon or different colored stamps. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had folded cards and glued different colored snowflakes on everyone's to indicate their menu selection.
  • We're doing sand dollars, so we're putting the ribbon through the openings in it.  But for tented cards, you could two hole punch one side of the card (close to the crease) and tie it in a bow.
  • I bought small stamps and stamped the choice in the corner:
    cow for beef
    fish for fish (obviously)
    carrot for vegetarian
    chicken for the kids meal (chicken fingers)

Here's how they turned out.

A friend also used a decorative stamp with different colors for his two options.

• Do you have to designate meal selections on the place cards? I didn't even think of this until I read this post
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_place-cards-designating-meal-selections?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:7a3dffb4-8e64-4898-a2a3-a9541f3c2c43Post:5cdbb899-ca6d-4fa7-8ce8-8ba1409bd7e7">Re: Place cards - Designating Meal Selections</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have to designate meal selections on the place cards? I didn't even think of this until I read this post
    Posted by french_mani[/QUOTE]
    It depends on your venue.  I never thought of it until our venue told us we needed to.  I never paid attention at other friend's weddings to see if they had.  So if they did, it must have been subtle.
  • venue requested different color sticker so it is easy for the staff to quickly identify meal selection

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards