Military Brides
Options

WR: STD Question

I'm finalizing our STDs and I'm realizing that I like the style better without adding "formal invitation to follow".  How necessary is this?  I'd assume most people will guess there will still be an invitation, yes?  Would it be breaking some sort of etiquette rule?

What do you think?

Anniversary

Re: WR: STD Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I vote on a combination of it's not required but good to have - but if you don't like the way it looks then don't put it. I would think that others would expect an invitiation to follow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you send them early enough people should assume it's a STD. However, some of my friends have sent theirs out super late that I would have wondered.

Although I have no idea how our elderly guests reacted, I just assumed they knew what a STD was.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's also a magnet, if that makes any difference. And clearly says "Save the Date". It just has our first names, no last names and very little wording. Just our first names, the date, the city, and that's it!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're fine without it, ESPECIALLY since it's a magnet and says STD on it.
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're fine without it, but just a silly anecdote for you: 

FI's family is from a small town in PA and don't leave the state. ever. apparently his grandfather, grandmother and great aunt were SO confused when we sent them STDs. Where was the part they send back??? (Not  that any of them have actually SENT in the rsvp.....) His poor mother was fielding calls all week. And we wrote 'formal invite to follow' soooo you're fine. The confuseds will be confused, and everyone else will get it. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're definitely fine without it. We put "formal invitation to follow" on ours and we STILL had people ask us if it was the invitation. As long as it says "save the date" I think it's totally fine.
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LuluP82LuluP82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're fine! My sister forgot to put it on there on ours, and no one was confused.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards