Missouri-Kansas City

Budget Florist in KC

Im a budget bride and cant decide if i want to do my own flowers or have a florist do them.. Does any one have any suggestions. what are the pros and cons?

Re: Budget Florist in KC

• edited December 2011
    Do you have any experience with flowers?  If so (and you feel comfortable), go ahead.  Just be aware that it can get to be just as expensive once you factor in all of the flowers and supplies.  Additionally, that's something that would need to be done at the last minute when you might have other things on your plate.

I considered doing my own for a while, but after shopping around I discovered I couldn't do it for very much cheaper myself, and I didn't want the stress and pressure right before the wedding.

FWIW, I got excellent quotes from Bella Flora, Floralynn, In Bloom, and Jennifer Techeau.  I ended up using Bella Flora, and my flowers were fantastic and ridiculously affordable.  There's another post a few down where a lot of people have suggested other affordable florists.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I personally know very little about flowers and think they're an important part of a wedding. I went with Hyvee in Mission and got a GREAT deal with them.  I would suggest looking around at differet floral shops and see how much it would cost you. Just let them know you're on a strict budget and see what they can do for you. Then maybe try to add up how much it would cost by doing it yourself. The good thing with doing it yourself is there are probably quite a few brides out there who have done it so you'll probably be able to find good/helpful information from Google!

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say it really depends on your flower choices and how extravagant you want to get?  Do you want to do your own bouts and corsages too?  What about centerpieces?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback! I have limited experince with flowers. I am keeping things simple and want the flowers to stand out. I agree though i do not want the stress of making them the right when i need to be focusing on other things and i know you have to keep them cool and i dont know if i would have the space to do that and would not want them to die. So i think i will just suck it up and have someone who knows what they are doing do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards