Wedding Woes

I think I need to stop any involvement w/ cloth-diaper-boards

I was doing some lurky=looing because I have some things to post for sale--I'm not a fequent poster.

The seriousness w/ which the "Sandy Hook was a hoax" is being discussed by otherwise non-idiot people just has me done.
(I'm not aderse to wearing a tinfoil hat on occasion...but...really?  Oh, and apparently snopes isn't a reliable website if anything has a bent that can at all be interpreted as political.)

Re: I think I need to stop any involvement w/ cloth-diaper-boards

• Snopes is run by Obama, didn't you know? 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-think-i-need-to-stop-any-involvement-w-cloth-diaper-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9210cb46-3882-4ade-a373-256da033ef9dPost:59140817-3a42-43a7-98fb-cdc1fdb9f50d">Re: I think I need to stop any involvement w/ cloth-diaper-boards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snopes is run by Obama, didn't you know? 
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

<div>I think my ILs have mentioned that...</div>
  • Wait, they think it's a hoax?  Gosh, that would be wonderful

• Yes, I'm sure all of the parents wish it was too.
  • the grieving parents are appaerntly paid actors who work for homeland security...and since there weren't pictures of bodies, no one died?  
    and there isn't really a clear answer as to what they claim is happening to kids.

(some of it, from what little I'm gleaning--sorry, I refuse to try very hard to get it,  started because there's a picture, w/ Obama, of a kid when he was visiting.  The kid is one of the younger  siblings of one of the kids who was killed.  There's a family resemblence and the kid is wearing a hand me down dress (so there are pictures of the older girl in the same dress, when she was alive)...so apparently they are all hiding ina witness protection program somewhere?
    I don't now)

I know the Mr. said that people were talking in his breakroom @ work about it possibly being a hoax.
    I just have no words for how rage-filled this makes me.  probably more rage filled than is appropriate
  • Wha? I just...no.
  • I will never cease to be amazed this these people can believe the government can perpetrate such a massive fraud.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Because dead children's bodies should be trotted out for all to see? 

What kills me if that this is a board of people who are presumably parents and they don't stop to think for one fing second if their kid had been violently murdered in a national tragedy whether or not they'd want their kid's body shown on a world's stage and how they'd feel if some nut-job was out there getting *very* public attention for saying that what happened to them and their kid was not real. 

Ugh...Also, let's just say this was 'fake'...What a gross waste of tax dollars, resources, and an awful way to play on people's emotions. I mean, really people?

As much as I think there's a bunch of yay-hoos in DC (on all sides), I just don't see how this grand conspiracy could work. 
  • I think if we had a government that wanted to do that level of deception the would, probably, be smart enough to not make these mistakes.

I think our government is run by yahoos and twits...but this assumes a level of evil intentions in an amazing number of people that boggles the mind.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

WHAT?! 

I have heard about ONE person thinking this (friend of a friend on FB). I had no idea it was approaching any level of popularity. 

It's good that I work from home and never see other people. Wow.

• Yes, I've heard it is impossible to fake a picture of a dead body.  That's why you never see a dead body on TV or in a movie.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_i-think-i-need-to-stop-any-involvement-w-cloth-diaper-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9210cb46-3882-4ade-a373-256da033ef9dPost:6d0fe0be-1ba7-4f20-af13-b008107d682a">Re: I think I need to stop any involvement w/ cloth-diaper-boards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I've heard it is impossible to fake a picture of a dead body.  That's why you never see a dead body on TV or in a movie.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

OMG! ARE YOU TELLING ME ALL THOSE BODIES ON CSI ARE REAL?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards