Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Wedding location help!

Hi - Please could you share your thoughts?

My fiance and I have a wedding date set for next year. We have lived in Atlanta, GA for 2 years and are now moving to San Francisco. Need help on deciding where to have our wedding:

We have a firm $15k budgeted for a 50-60 person wedding. While our famlies are spread out, the bulk of my family is in Charleston, SC. We agreed to pay for my fiance's mom and sister's to travel from Europe to San Francisco to (wedding location x) and back to Europe. This is in addition to our $15k wedding budget. Destination where guests must fly is not an option - we're already paying a fair bit for his family to fly, plus about 6-10 family members on my side would need any flight arrangments paid for. They can drive and cover hotel- no problem.

We found a venue in the city we currently live (Atlanta, GA). However, we have no family here and only a handful of friends. We are moving to San Francisco this month.

(1) I think we can rule out San Francisco - as much as I love it there, it would cost an insane amount to fly around 6-10 family members from the east coast. Plus, I hear weddings are very expensive in SF.
(2) I love the venue in Atlanta, but does it make sense to make Atlanta a "destination" wedding. Con = It's not really a tourist town - we'd only have about 2-3 friends (no family) who live in Atlanta. Pro = I do love the venue here and I know we can make our budget work here.
(3) What about Charleston - I hear Charleston is a bit more expensive though. I'm not sure we could make this work so would love to get your thougths if you know anything about this location compared to Atlanta. We're also not sure if flights are significantly more to fly from San Francisco to Charleston compared to Atlanta (which quadruples for the four of us to fly- so could make a fair impact on our decisions).
(4) Any other suggestions would be very, very much appreciated:)

Thanks so much!

Re: Wedding location help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards