Louisiana-Baton Rouge

De La Ronde Hall (Drake's Catering)

Hi guys. I'm not a bride, just doing research for my friend. Do any of you know anything about this venue? My friend is having a 250+ guest list so she needs a big place. TIA :)

Re: De La Ronde Hall (Drake's Catering)

• JessicaLyn123JessicaLyn123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just signed the contract with them. We were really really pleased. I believe the space can hold up to 400 people. You can schedule an appointment with them to check it out. First of all, I was happy with their customer service. The woman I am working with from there is Heather, and she's been very helpful. She replied to my E-Mails almost immediately and was very flexible to set up a date to view the hall. The hall is big and looks gorgeous when decorated (our viewing was right before a wedding). They also have a separate room for the bar, which is also very spacious and includes more tables and chairs. They also include enough tables and chairs in the main hall for about 100 people to sit down and eat, which was important to us. There is a separate bride and groom's room for the bride and groom to sit down at and eat when they first get there. There is no charge to rent the hall if you have 150 people. The guests will be counted at the door. We were also pleased with their menu options. We went with the gold menu with the premium bar. That put our price per person at $40. They give you a list of items you can substitute, and there is no charge for substitutions as long as the number of menu items remains the same. If you have any more questions let me know!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at St. Joseph and having our reception there in 43 DAYS! Feb 4. 

I chose that place over the Hilton and the other downtown venues due to the fact that we attended a reception there last year. The food there is unbelievably good & the event planners (Heather JUST left but she was amazing) are fabulous. I met the new one the other day and she is very sweet and efficient. They take great care of their brides and have helped me so much. The day hasn't come but thus far it's been a great experience working with them and my girlfriend who had her reception there loved it, too. When that place is decorated and has the staff walking around in bow ties it is pretty wonderful. 

My fiance's only request was that the food be wonderful (he is a food snob from New Orleans) and the drinks be plentiful. I wanted that too but I also wanted an "old" and beautiful location that was in walking distance from the Cathedral. Can't wait---I would highly recommend this place to your friend.
  • In the end, were you pleased with the overall reception? I'm looking here and am unable to find any food reviews.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_de-la-ronde-hall-drakes-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:83Discussion:4c7f4f8c-b966-4f2d-aca4-78c2acad17d4Post:784f5d04-de77-40c2-9eb8-fe9bb31fc204">Re: De La Ronde Hall (Drake's Catering)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at St. Joseph and having our reception there in 43 DAYS! Feb 4.  I chose that place over the Hilton and the other downtown venues due to the fact that we attended a reception there last year. The food there is unbelievably good & the event planners (Heather JUST left but she was amazing) are fabulous. I met the new one the other day and she is very sweet and efficient. They take great care of their brides and have helped me so much. The day hasn't come but thus far it's been a great experience working with them and my girlfriend who had her reception there loved it, too. When that place is decorated and has the staff walking around in bow ties it is pretty wonderful.  My fiance's only request was that the food be wonderful (he is a food snob from New Orleans) and the drinks be plentiful. I wanted that too but I also wanted an "old" and beautiful location that was in walking distance from the Cathedral. Can't wait---I would highly recommend this place to your friend.
    Posted by LaurenLachney[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards