Attire & Accessories Forum

Instead of Bouquets

So I already purchased these for my 6 Bridesmaids:

They are the HAPPY peep-toe heels in pink from David's Bridal.

I was going to DIY real flowers for the bouquets, but my trial run kinda sucked (the Gerberas wilted after 1 day). I considered artificial flowers, but for 6 BMs and myself, silk Gerbera Daisies would also be expensive.

The other day when I was in David's Bridal I saw these:

HAPPY print clutches from David's Bridal, and I thought what if my Bridesmaid's carried these INSTEAD of bouquets?!?!?! I asked my mom, and she said it would be different, but cute! So we purchased 6 of these!!!  I am having a budget wedding, and I wanted to save some money. These are on sale, and they can totally use them again when wearing the shoes!!!

What do you all think???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Instead of Bouquets

• that same day I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the silk Gerberas for my bouquet! It looks fabulous! Pics to come soon!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_instead-of-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:d71253c1-f7f1-4cdf-99b1-aab93f8eae92Post:783e440c-04d6-4dda-877d-873020ec6730">Re: Instead of Bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you ask your bridesmaids if they like the shoes? Are they comfortable? Generally people recommend brides letting the BP pick their own shoes.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>This. The shoes and clutch are just NMS, so I would never wear them again. I mean, it's good that you paid for them, but I hope you're not considering them gifts for your BP.</div>
  • Well thanks for your input, but whether or not you like the shoes wasn't the question. The question was whether or not the bags were a cute option instead of bouquets.

I have 6 Bridesmaids and they all have different tastes, but the majority love the shoes, and they have all tried them on.

Things I am paying for are:
    Shoes, Clutch, and Day-of-Hair, parasol for photos

none of which are necessary, but I am providing them, because I want them

Bridesmaids Gifts are a gift Basket compiled of:
    -Necklace, hand made by me, to wear at ceremony
    -Frame with photo of us from wedding to come, and a personal note to each
    -A hand painted wine glass, painted by me
    -A tote, personalized with name/initial of BM
    -make up bag w/ BM survival stuff
    -candle
    -id/credit card wristlet for clubbin' :)
    -flip flops for the reception, decorated by me

I think that my gifts are both personal and fabulous. And the extras will be appreciated.
  • I like the clutches instead of bouquets. Cute. 
  • Personally, I like the clutches.  It's definitely something I would use again. 

As far as a bouquet substitute, I'm not so sure.  I guess I'm kind of traditional that way. Maybe you coudl have them carry bouquets (or even a signle gerbera daisy) for the ceremony, then have them use the clutches for some of the photos, and for the reception.   But they're definitely cute, and I like them.
    DSC_9275
  • I think the clutches and shoes are cute, but I also am sort of ambivalent about using clutches in lieu of bouquets.  To me it just looks awkward--like the BP didn't have a place to put their bag before the ceremony so they're just standing there holding their purses.  I feel kind of bad saying this because I know you already bought the clutches, but it's just my honest opinion. 

It's unnecessary for them to carry bouquets at all if you want to save some $$$

Good luck! I am sure whatever you do will look adorable. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_instead-of-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:d71253c1-f7f1-4cdf-99b1-aab93f8eae92Post:be758bc4-15c1-443d-8b93-a1984f51390a">Re: Instead of Bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I like the clutches.  It's definitely something I would use again.  <strong>As far as a bouquet substitute, I'm not so sure.  I guess I'm kind of traditional that way. Maybe you coudl have them carry bouquets (or even a signle gerbera daisy) for the ceremony, then have them use the clutches for some of the photos, and for the reception.   But they're definitely cute, and I like them.</strong>
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]
    This. I am not really a big fan of using a purse instead of a bouquet, but I am really traditional. What do your bridesmaids think about it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • I think that is a really unique idea!
    I like how the clutches have a floral print on them anyways. It will help your guests see that these 'fake flowers' are in place of bouquets. Good way to save money too.
    Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_instead-of-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:d71253c1-f7f1-4cdf-99b1-aab93f8eae92Post:be758bc4-15c1-443d-8b93-a1984f51390a">Re: Instead of Bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I like the clutches.  It's definitely something I would use again.  As far as a bouquet substitute, I'm not so sure.  I guess I'm kind of traditional that way. Maybe you coudl have them carry bouquets (or even a signle gerbera daisy) for the ceremony, then have them use the clutches for some of the photos, and for the reception.   But they're definitely cute, and I like them.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

this.

i just think the BMs walking down the aisle holding the clutch is a tad odd. and with the shoes its a tad matchy-matchy...IMO
  • I think the clutches are super cute!  However I always tuck a clutch under my arm so personally I'd feel ackward walking down the aisle that way.  Have you thought of a single gerbera for each girl?  My friend did that and it looked really nice.
  • I think the clutches are really cute but I'm having a hard time picturing BMs walking down the aisle with them.  Are them holding them in front of them the same way they would hold a flower?  I hold my clutch completely different from how I would hold a bouquet but I'm sure you have it under control and it will look beautiful and different!
  • thanks girls.

In my head they are holding them like they would a flower.
  • This is my vision

• I think that having a clutch instead of a bouquet is a great idea.  It is something that will last longer and be more useful than a bouquet, at least for the bridesmaids that save their bouquets.  I imagine them walking down the aisle with the clutch in one hand and letting their arms swing freely, carrying the clutch like a bouquet may be awkward.  I can imagine that it would look good for them to hold the bouquet as you showed in your picture for the ceremony.  It will look so cute to have matching shoes and clutches!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_instead-of-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:d71253c1-f7f1-4cdf-99b1-aab93f8eae92Post:0321d75d-8dc1-4b5b-855e-47bbe743a256">Re: Instead of Bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that having a clutch instead of a bouquet is a great idea.  It is something that will last longer and be more useful than a bouquet, at least for the bridesmaids that save their bouquets.  I imagine them walking down the aisle with the clutch in one hand and letting their arms swing freely, carrying the clutch like a bouquet may be awkward.  I can imagine that it would look good for them to hold the bouquet as you showed in your picture for the ceremony.  It will look so cute to have matching shoes and clutches!
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm not going to be particular on how they hold it walking down. But at the alter, I definately like the look of the pic.
  • I don't dislike the idea of using a clutch instead of a bouquet, I just don't like that particular clutch.  Not my wedding though, so my opinion doesn't matter ;-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_instead-of-bouquets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:d71253c1-f7f1-4cdf-99b1-aab93f8eae92Post:fd572423-3133-4df6-9d29-57d03e3bdaf4">Re: Instead of Bouquets</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Instead of Bouquets : Yea I'm not going to be particular on how they hold it walking down. But at the alter, I definately like the look of the pic.
    Posted by jyoung888[/QUOTE]

I think it will look great! The clutch will go with a lot of outfits, so the bridesmaids can re-use them!!!
  • I like the idea of the clutch too.  Super cute and unique!  One of my friends did the same thing except she had daisies tucked into her clutch and the BM's carried that down the aisle.  The clutch held the flowers like a vase would.  If you had it in your budget, you could use fake (or real) daisies that way!  It was super cute and to my knowledge, wasn't that expensive. I'm sure whatever you do will be fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards