Louisiana-New Orleans

Southern Oaks Plantation

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if people who have been to a wedding here think of the dance floor. It looks small and the ceiling looks low from pictures. Also, what was your overall experiece? 

Thanks!!!

Re: Southern Oaks Plantation

• I'm getting married there on Friday and have been to several of their weddings.  I think it's beautiful, the celing height is lower than at other places but isn't an impediment to anything.  The dance floor is perfect size even with a band.  It's quaint without feeling cramped; perfect size in my opinion :)
  • KB had her reception there...and we did not feel cramped at all.....she had a band...Harvey Jesus....and we had over 200 guests....danced the entire night...it was great...the ceiling is not an issue
  • Thanks Ladies!!!

Congrats MJLav1901!! I'm sure you will have a fabulous wedding day!!!
  • I'm getting married there in Feb 2014!! The people that run the place are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and they answer my emails so quickly!!! One of my clients got married there and showed me her pics and I just absolutely fell in love with the place. Not to mention, everytime I tell someone I am getting married there, they rave about how awesome the food is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married there on Dec. 7, 2013 and while the ceilding is lower than others in the dance floor the room is fantastic and doesn't feel cramped at all! Big floor-to-ceiling windows really give the place a big, elegant feeling. I'm excited to have my reception there!! The people who run it are SUPER nice and so helpful! 

Sara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards