Texas-Houston
Options

Are venue prices negotiable?

I went today to visit a hotel ballroom which we immediately fell in love with!  Only problem is it is a little over our budget and I wanted to know if anyone knew if prices for hotels are negotiable?  Has anyone tried to negotiate the price and bring it down? The one we looked at were asking for a minumum of $15k on food/alcohol. Hoping you all can help and  I save me the embarrassment of asking!  Thank you!!

Re: Are venue prices negotiable?

• Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It definitely depends on how much you are trying to lower the price.  If it is only a few hundred dollars, then yes. 

Trying to lower it by thousands? Prolly not. A lot of venues will see it as offensive because they see the price they offer as a fair cost of their services. 

Some of my vendors were more than willing to work with my budget but I didn't ask for a huge amount off either. I rather found vendors that were in my price range, not out of it. But either way good luck and keep us updated!
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should ask if the $15K minimum is negotiable, if it's a required amount, I suggest finding another venue, there's definitely plenty that don't have that minimum
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Also, you can ask them to lower the price if they don't differentiate for different times and days.

For example, if the cost were the same no matter what day of the week, and you wanted a friday wedding, then ask them if they can lower the price since it's a friday.  Or if it's during the morning/afternoon.  Or if it's in a non-peak season of the year (like march or october).

Most places will scale their pricing for all of those factors, but some don't.  So if the location you're talking about doesn't, mention it to them!

If you're having a saturday evening wedding during a peak time of the year, then sorry, I don't know how much you can really negotiate.  :)

SaveSave
  • Options
    Serendipty11Serendipty11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Always worth a shot! You could simply say " Is the price neogitable? I'd love to work with you, but my budget doesn't quite stretch that far" They may say no or they may be willing to work with you. Ditto pp that if you are wanting a Saturday evening in peak wedding season it might be harder.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you having out of town guests staying in their hotel. Sometimes hotels will give you a break if your guests are paying for several rooms. It never hurts to ask.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    i think the best way to go about it is to tell them you love the place, but your budget is only $X and see what they can do. that is what i did with my hotel, and i was shocked on how willing they were to work with me. i found out that the standard packages aren't set in stone. for example, the package included wine service at dinner. they suggested to take that off and just have my guests get wine at the bar. that took off like $8 per person x 200 people...  we also played aroud with the menu a bit and finally got it to work! 

anything is possible...you just have to ask, but it does depend on how much over it is. 

We got married 11/3/12!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards