California-Los Angeles

Dj recs?

Hi ladies,

I just started looking into DJ's for my Oct 2010 wedding. Met with someone today, and while he had great prices and included a Gobo and uplighting, I couldn't find any reviews on his company anywhere online.

I would like to keep looking just so that I can get some comps, anyone have any good dj recommendations?

TIA :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dj recs?

• edited December 2011
    It depends on what kind of music you want. You also don't want to go with someone who doesn't know the music you like - for example, we interviewed a DJ for our wedding and I rattled off some bands and she had no idea what I was talking about. Then she back peddaled and said she probably had some of those bands in storage. I was like: Next! We ultimately hired a band and played a mix CD at the end of the night.
    KRISTEN SIMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY *** Weddings, Events, Portraits, and More! *** www.kristensimental.com
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally recommend my dj which my DOC recommended to me. I have his review and contact infor in my Wedding Bio.
  • edited December 2011
    Tom Chandler, hands down!  He did an amazing job, and lots of knotties highly recommend him.  Plus, his prices are great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Shawn Vasquez
    Web: www.amazingeventdjs.com/" target="_blank">www.amazingeventdjs.com

My friend used him for her wedding and he was a great MC and DJ. I booked him a while ago and has been great to work with. He also will work with your budget. I told him how much we were willing to spend and he adapted everything for my needs.
  • edited December 2011

John from After Dark Ent. was our wedding D.j. He was reasonable in price and also did our Uplighting. I know he does Gobo as well.

Tom Chandler is a knottie Fav.

I had the honor of attending Knottie Vans weddding & I have to say her D.j was very awesome! He kept the dance floor full all night & was non cheesey.

• socaltallmamasocaltallmama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Tom Chandler - super professional, great prices, really nice guy.
  • chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Tom Chandler . . . what the other ladies said is all true!
  • edited December 2011
    yes This is NEIL from Dandy DJ

.Dandy  check out his link at my wedding site at http://Carolyndell.ourwedding.com his name is NEIL tell him CJ sent you he's doing our wedding June 26TH, 2010.

He also offers Karokee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards