Texas-Austin
Options

Please recommend your vendors for a low-budget wedding!

Hey ladies-

I was a bride last year and my husband and I got married this past December in Austin. 

Well, it's my sister's turn! She's getting married in May, and really, really needs recommendations for vendors. They have next to nothing of a budget (who can blame them... times are tough!!) and are having issues finding people within their budget. 

If you or any of your friends have any talent with flowers, cameras, really basically anything, please, please message me. 

Thank you ladies!
118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: Please recommend your vendors for a low-budget wedding!

• Options
    AlexhobbsAlexhobbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I hired Martha at Parkcrest Floral to work with me on my June 2 2012. She has done tons of floral work with the Junior League here in town (I'm a member, that's how I know her) but I was still really happily surprised at how awesome she's been about staying within my budget. She has a store front and doesn't ONLY do weddings, so she charges the exactly same price for the flowers as though you were walking out the door with them...there aren't additional fees just because its a wedding. And she's also been great at recommeding substitute flowers that are more "economical". Ha... look at the length of that post. Can you tell I'm a fan? :)

• Options
    nroach78nroach78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my flowers from sam's club. They were unbelievable. Everyone thought I had spent a ton of money from a florist. :) Seriously, check them out.

Did my ceremony and reception at Maggiano's at the Domain. They charged me 300 for the ceremony and then had an $1800 minimum for the dinner.  They didnt' have a separate room charge. We brought in an ipod. We ordered cupcakes through Hill Country Bakery to have something special. It was amazing and for everything, including 20 bottles of wine, 58 people, we stayed under $4000.
  • Options
    Gabby0819Gabby0819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in March and we are paying ourselves and also on a serious budget, I did tons of research and think I talked to every venue in town so here is what we eneded up with, having my reception at Rosemary Hall (associated with Hill Country Pasta House) The rental fee is $350 for Saturdays( The season doesnt matter) you have to do your catering with the pasta house but it starts at $10 per person, I researched a ton of places and that is the best deal I could find. For cakes I reccomend stacy her number is 5124705781 she is super reasonable (tell her gabby sent you) Invitations quickprint (pick out the design and they recreate it or describe what you want) I got 75 plus rsvp, direction cards and envelopes for $175 dress-the bridesmaid store, bought a sample on sale, there discontinued star at like $100. You could also find a nice bridesmaids there and order it in white they have about a million styles of bridesmaids. I am talking with Patrick Clark right now for photography he has a $300 wedding package. For flowers Just in Bloom in Round Rock they are so nice and can work within your budget. Hope all that helps, Good Luck!!
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Donna Foster with Central Market Florist and she saved me $600-900 from what other florists had quoted me.

If you book your wedding on Fridays or Sundays, the price drops significantly, even more so for a weekday wedding.  (I've been to several Thursday evening weddings.)

We used the Caswell House which was beautiful site, but quite reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were married in October of this year and paid for our entire wedding and reception ourselves with a buget of less than 1000$.

We got our cake from the HEB bakery, it was AMAZING and really inexpensive. We had a marble sheet cake with raspberry filling. We also used them for our reception food.

Our favors came from  Nuptial Necessities-She is AWESOME. Some things are a bit on the pricey side, but she has a wide range of items.

The flowers and bouts I did myself, bridesmaids gown from Alfred Angelo, My gown from Ebay ($1, retail it went for between 500-700$)

We had a very small church wedding at our church and the reception in their parish house, we also did our decorations ourselves as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Steiner Ranch Lake Club-$50..but you  have to live in Steiner or know someone who will rent it for you.
    Cake-Sugar Mommas-$300
    Smokey Mo's BBQ=$1200 for all food
    Ordering dress online-$170
    Jr. Bridesmaid dress-$59 JCrew
    Flowergirl dress-Watters knockoff $70
    DIY lighting and decorations under $200
    Invitations and RSVP cards-$58 Zazzle for 80 each, 75% off!!!!
  • Options
    my photographer is awesome and priced amazing her number is 512-744-7389 her name is isabel bernal, her husband also djs

i need a bartender. anyone know one that is reasonably priced?
  • Options
    I'm a florist that specializes in working with budget weddings! Check out my website and email me if you would like to set up an appointment.

flowersbyvalery.com
    valeryowen@flowersbyvalery.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards