Georgia-Atlanta
Options

pre-wedding regiment

What is everyone doing to prep themselves for their special day? 
I was just wondering what kind of things I should be doingto get ready and is really necessary so here is a list of things that I;m trying to figure out to get done:

physique: I don't feel like I need to lose weight, but I do want to get fit and toned. I'm in school now in with a very heavy work load, which in truth I need to get off line and work, it takes a lot of motivation for me to put aside time work out, when i do have time for myself. And i do most of my working out, mostly running, when I have big critique and am hyperventilatingly nervous, which is like once every 3 weeks. My senior show is May 15, this is when my workload lightens up, and I graduate  June 4, and my weddings July 3. Is that enough time for me to get a beach bod? What kind of exercising will yield good results? Also I'm super self conscious about working out in front of others, am I the only one? 

skin: I would like to do facials but I've been reading that is best to do them often and not before your wedding due to bad reactions, Can anyone elaborate on this? Are facials extremely necessary? My acne is fairly controlled but I do break out from time to time, in which i skip the fancy spot treatments and just use hydro-cortisone. It actually works better then anything else i've used. 

Manicures and Waxing: I have come to a point where I no longer trust the hygiene of some of the local nail salons, Do people have suggestions on good clean inexpensive places, like with in the city of atlanta?

Also any suggestions on hair and makeup ppl?

Anniversary

Re: pre-wedding regiment

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to tone up, I'd do strength training.  I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and my wedding is in May.  If you go to SparkPeople.com you can schedule workouts and they will design them for you free.  You can do them from home with just some weights, ball, etc. 

Not sure about facials.  If you start drinking lots of water daily it should help your skin. 

I don't like getting pedicures done.  It does something funky to my toenails.  I'm just going to do my own toes and go have my fingernails done.  In general if you go to the more expensive, spa type places I'd think they would be cleaner and less assembly-line than the cheap places. 

I'm doing my own makeup and I went to Sephora for a free demo on how to do my eyes.  I bought the eyeliner & shadow and I have everything else I need at home.  I'm getting my hair done at the salon that I go to regularly which is Radius in Vinings.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read somewhere that you should not try a new skin regiment within 2 weeks of your wedding, because if your skin has an adverse reaction to new products, you may not look so pretty on your wedding day ;)

Same probably goes for eye brow waxing. 

I would also not try a new person to do your hair for your wedding.

I'm going to the guy who has been doing my hair for 2 years.
  • Options
    GiddyBride23GiddyBride23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Physique: I joined Weight Watchers last year so just for the wedding but for me. The wedding helps keep me motivated because I've definitely wanted to look by best leading up to and on my wedding day.

Skin: I HAVE been getting facials for the last 6 months and it has worked wonders for my skin. I got my last one today as I do know that you shouldn't get them too close to the ceremony. I strongly recommend them (if you can find a great place) ~ I think they are well worth the investment. I go to Judith's of Budapest in Buckhead. I LOVE her!!!

Manicures/Waxing: I don't do manicures that often, but will get one next week. I started waxing a month ago (was told that the more you get, the less the hair grows back). It hurt like HELL but turned out beautifully. I go back for last app next week. Once again, also at Judith's. The prices are reasonable and the customer service is amazing!

I say do what you are comfortable with. These things have definitely helped me feel better, but they have also helped me relax in general. I look forward to going to my WW meetings and dance class ... likewise my facials and pedis are a treat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am starting to get Microderm for my face in 2 weeks. I will get one a month until my wedding in August.

I go to elaine sterling in Buckhead. Its a school so the students do them for cheap. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards