Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Vendor Reviews: March 27th Wedding!!!

I had the day of my dreams ladies!  Here are my reviews:

1.  Photographer: Brides for Brides Photography (www.bridesforbrides.com/">http://www.bridesforbrides.com/)In a word, these ladies were worth EVERY penny!  I am that person who usually finds every little imperfection or flaw in my pictures and I LOVE my wedding pictures.  The professional pics are in a word, amazing!  Sara captured everything from the getting ready pictures to the late hours of the reception.  She also captured the emotion of the day and the party of our reception.  Sara was professional, timely and made everyone in the wedding party as well as guests feel very comfortable.  We wanted creative/artsy photos mixed with a bit of tradition and that is exactly what we got!  Finally, Sara and Tamara took the time to get to know us a couple and really were easy to work with.

2. Makeup: Adriana Fontes (www.adrianafontes.com/">http://www.adrianafontes.com/)Adriana is a sweetheart!!  I would highly recommend her.  She is reasonably priced and really provided me with exactly the makeup look I wanted.  If you are looking for a pretty, natural makeup look-she is your girl!  Lashes were included too-bonus! Adriana was professional and on time. My bridesmaids and I had such a fun, relaxing time before the wedding and Adriana was a large part of that.  She will travel to your home for a makeup trial and to the site of your wedding.  Prior to finding Adriana (thanks to a fellow bee); I had a horrible makeup trial so I am so happy that I found her.  Finally, my makeup lasted throughout the night, with few touch-ups needed.  She does offer a package where she will stay throughout the night and touch-up your makeup as needed. 

3.  DJ:  Jim Davenport (booked through Citron Sound)
Jimmy was FANTASTIC! In terms of the reception, he kept all of the events on schedule and more importantly, made it fun for everyone involved.  Throughout the night, he had a feel for the mood of the crowd, knowing when to turn it up or down.  He played a wide assortment of music, based on what we told him but also based on the crowd's reaction.  We had a young, fun crowd mixed with some older adults and everyone had a blast!  FUN Bees :-) Prior to the wedding, we met with him twice and he was very easy to work with and LOVES his job.  Jim was professional, but not stiff, and most importantly-not cheesy! 

4.    Wedding Planner:  Regina Osgood, Meant 2 Be Events (www.meant2beevents.com/">http://www.meant2beevents.com/)
Regina was wonderful and truly a blessing!  We hired Regina as a result of an event at our venue, the Firesky Resort about 3 months prior to the wedding.  Long story short, we had to change our wedding venue and she was able to help us change our wedding to fit the new space/color scheme.  Regina re-did the centerpieces, ceremony decor, and overall look of the wedding!!!  She saved us quite a bit of money and really worked within our budget.  She was fun and the wedding party really responded well to her.   Regina has experience working with out of town brides as well.  Our wedding was beautiful and we could NOT have done it without Regina.  This is one talented wedding planner!

5.  Florist: Enchanted Florist
Fran did a nice job and was easy to work with.  We had to change everything up halfway through the process and Fran responded well.  The bridesmaids’ bouquets were beautiful.  The wedding reception florals were beautiful as well and lasted throughout the night.  My only criticism: Although I liked my bouquet, I have definitely seen better.  I didn't find E/F to be the most modern of floral shops so it all depends on what you are looking for.

6.  Guitarist:  Roger Paull (booked through Gig Masters)
Very talented guitarists, you won't be disappointed!

7.  Wedding Venue: The Firesky Resort (www.fireskyresort.com/">http://www.fireskyresort.com/)
One would think that having to change the location of one's wedding in the middle of the planning process would be horrible.  In fact, this was one of the BEST things that could have happened.  The Firesky is a top notch resort with a laid-back, modern/comfy vibe.  The food was delicious- from start to finish.  The staff including, Lynn Lakia (catering sales manager) was easy to work with, friendly, professional, and very responsive to all of our questions/requests.  She made everyone feel comfortable.  The rooms are nice and modern.  You can't go wrong with this property-our guests loved it! Prior to the wedding, we attended a fantastic event where we could sample ALL of the potential apps, entrees, and even wine.  Also, we were able to meet their preferred vendors should you wish to use them. Please note that the cake is included in the wedding package!  (See below for the cake review!)  

8.  Cake: Let Them Eat Cake (http://letthemeatcakeaz.com/)Our cake was moist, tasty, and beautiful.  What more can I say?  We didn't have ANY left! Barb was easy to work with and really helped us choose our cake design. One nice feature, instead of saving the cake top, she will make us a mini-cake on our wedding anniversary free of charge.  I am still dreaming about this cake..:-)

9.  Bridal Alterations:  Janet Kirkman (www.janetkirkman.com/">http://www.janetkirkman.com/)Janet is very talented!  She is able to work on all gowns including designer, high-end gowns.  I had several fittings because I changed the shape of my dress.  Janet was able to give me the dress of my dreams!  She is reasonably priced, professional, and easy to work with.  I would highly recommend Janet for any of your alteration needs.   

Re: Vendor Reviews: March 27th Wedding!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I have been debating between Brides for Brides and a less expensive option for photography.  Glad to hear you were so happy with your decision.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad your day went so well!  Your reviews are great!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sounds like a wonderful day!  Thanks for leaving reviews!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love reviews! They helped out SO much when I planning  my vendors and since this board has a continuous cycle of new brides, I think it is great when people take the time to come back on and share their experiences. Doesn't look like we have any of the same vendors but I'm glad your day went so well!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards