November 2012 Weddings

Wedding bands- advice please

Hi all,
Have you purchased or ordered wedding bands already? We haven't and I'm wondering whether it takes a while. I saw another post where someone said they are hurrying to find them and their wedding is four months away, but that might be due to the uniqueness of her ring. 
Do we need to get going on finding them or should it be fairly quick? I also want to have something engraved onto ours so would imagine that lengthens the time needed. Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding bands- advice please

• We ordered ours last weekend. Mine is being custom made due to the uniqueness of my engagement ring (we couldn't find anything to match it!). The jeweler gave us an estimate of 2 weeks for it to come in. They ordered FI's & said it would take less than a week to come in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got ours from Blue Nile. Mine took two days, FI's took a week. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • We got ours from Jared's, mine was at the store so it took them a day to get it sized for me and FI's had to be ordered and sized which took about 2 weeks. I don't think you need to rush out and do it unless you will be doing something unique...and engraving probably only takes a day or two as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited June 2012
    Depends on what you are doing.  Engraving and sizing shouldn't take too long.  Our bands are being shipped from NYC where their supplier is located.  Mine was in at the store in about 2-3 weeks.  FI's casting didn't turn out right so they had to remake his which took another 2-3 weeks.  We are now waiting for his to get in to the store hopefully by next week, then we'll pick them both up.  So to be safe, just allow yourself a month or so in case there is a mix up, or the rings "cast" doesn't turn out well (if they are being made for you). 

We didn't have custom rings by any stretch.  Mine is a shared prong setting with diamonds, just had to be ordered in my size and with the diamond size I wanted.  FI's is a yellow gold band with designs on it but obviously it had to be made to fit him, I assume with moulds and stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Sounds like I don't have to be too concerned just yet. Will start looking around when we get a chance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got our bands already... actually bought fi's a while ago.  But we went the easy route.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards