Students

Wedding two days before Undergrad graduation....are we crazy?

Here's the quick version of our story:
We're 23, been together for 8 years. We're supposed to be graduating this May (technically this August) but found out last month that my FI will not have enough residency credits (his degree will be done, but he need more credits..so like silly classes basically) I am done already, just stretching it out so that we can graduate together. :)
We are planning to move out of state after graduation, tentatively this woud be Texas (but I am applying at PA schools-if any of you are familar-they are a bear to get into, so we will move wherever I get accepted!)
ANYWAY, all of our friends, and HIS family live here. My family all live in Texas, NC and KY. So, where do we get married? and when?
We've been brainstorming, and my mom and I have found a compromise in getting married two days before our graduation in December. (Graduation is a Sunday..) We could get married on the Friday evening.
This way, it'll be a loaded weekend of celebrating and everyone will be able to be involved.
Are we crazy though? Undecided
"We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Wedding two days before Undergrad graduation....are we crazy?

• Well, yes I did stretch out my graduation. BUT, I tried to make it the best for myself by adding on a second major. I could not apply to my prospective masters program last fall because I had one prereq left to take...which OF COURSE my school only offers in the Spring! (It didn't use to be a prereq...which is why I hadn't taken it the spring prior.) Regardless, I was going to finish in the summer, and then try and go as a student at large, continue taking classes and making myself a better candidate. Now, since I delayed my graduation, I get to add on a second major. I tried to make the best of the situation I was in (by not being able to apply when I wanted to and him not graduating on time) and this was the result. I feel the second major will most definitely aid me in my master's program, as well as make me a better applicant this fall!
    I am glad that you posted, PP, because it's nice to hear that someone else sees the benefits in doing what we are planning. My family was going to be in town regardless, and now we can have a huge shindig the whole weekend. I think it'll be fun!
    Good luck with your planning, and I am glad to hear you'll get to enjoy a few months as a married couple before you find out your future with the Navy.
    Question for you, are you having your ceremony the night before? We are thinking of having it on a Friday evening because our ceremony is on a Sunday. (Our ceremony in particular starts at 9am! There are several on that Sunday but our college is at 9am... )
    "We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're having it Saturday morning and having brunch for a reception, so I'm not worried about being hung over or anything at the graduation.
  • That's a good idea! I hadn't considered a afternoon reception... I was just worried about wanting to have that day off in between...but now you've given me something to think about- Thanks! :)
    Best of Luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards