Ohio-Columbus

Bridal party

So, I searched for this on other boards, but I was just wondering how you ask people to be apart of your wedding party and how far in advance you do that. I am already having my friends ask me and I don't know how to answer because I don't want to just be like yeah and that is it. 

Thanks

Re: Bridal party

• edited December 2011
    I sent out little cards to each of my girls asking if they would be my bridesmaid back in November and my wedding is in July. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It is usually recommended that you wait to ask people to be in your WP until you are about 6-9 months away from your wedding date.
  • edited December 2011
    I asked two of my three girls almost immediately, about a year or so before the wedding.  BUT, one was my sister, and the other was my BFF since 3rd grade.  I knew these girls would be by my side for the rest of my life.  I picked the third girl about 5 months before.....which I felt was a little late, but I had been debating even asking a third girl. 

I have heard horror stories of the super long engagements and people asking girls to be in their BP, and then having a falling out.
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked as soon as I called to tell them I was engaged.  I only have 2 girls and one is my sister so that was a given and the other one has been a friend of mine for over 20 years.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent each a little surprise with a card to either their home or work to ask. I ordered BM cards from Dessy group, but there are some on Etsy.

I asked in October for our May wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I pretty much asked my girls within a couple weeks of being engaged because I know all of them very well and knew for sure that they're all drama free and wouldn't back out.  I asked all of them except one by phone because everyone else lived in different cities.  I got engaged last May and the wedding's in July.

• edited December 2011
    I just asked my bridesmaids and last month.  I got engaged in September and I'm getting married in October.  I bought each of them a small calander they could keep in their purse and wrote the question on my date.  It was fun and they were all surprised when I handed it to them and they opened it up to the marked page.
  • Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We decided to ask our WP a year before since we have quite long engagement.  So we will ask them in June.  My sister has already asked if she will be in, I said yes.  I'm pretty sure the rest of our friends already have an idea that will be in it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I asked my BMs 6-9 months before the wedding and sent them cute little cards with "Will you be my bridesmaid?" 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards