Massachusetts

Jack and Jills!

Hi ladies!! Has anyone planned a Jack and Jill and gotten crazy looks from out-of-town guests? I just thought it would be fun to revel in funny stories with other western Mass ladies! My fiance is from New Hampshire, his family is from California, we met most of our friends at college in Boston, and now live in DC... NO ONE from outside of the 413 knew what a Jack and Jill was! Ours was two weeks ago and we had a BLAST -- most of our friends showed up and decided they wanted to also have a Jack and Jill when they get married, but it was too funny to explain it to people ("wait-- you have to pay to go to a party? what do i wear?!"). 
160 image 99 image 13 image 48 image
RSVP Date: June 18th

Re: Jack and Jills!

• edited December 2011
    I actually had no idea what they were and my dad had to explain it to me. His family does them but my moms doesn't! And I grew up in western mass!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree...I live in Boston and NO ONE knew about Jack and Jills. Many think they are tacky since you charge people to come to a party - I kind of agree but they are alot of fun and it's all in good nature.  I think I'm going to have one but only invite the locals :)  Got to love the 413!!
  • Diana1724Diana1724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is from W. Mass...and I am not.  We actually got in an argument on what a Jack and Jill actually was.  I kept saying Jack and Jill showers....and he said no just a plain Jack and Jill!  Once I talked to a few of his family members from out there...and was then invtied to one....I thought it was the craziest thing in the world!!!  I feel like if I ever tried to invite people to one of those out here in Boston they would look at my like I have 34 heads.  My FI however agrees that they are a good way to get some extra$$.  I think that its insane that we are all from the same state and being just an hour and 20 away makes THAT much of a difference!!! (I will sadly say that when i was younger, until I went to school at Westfield, I thought W. Mass was Worcester and that there was nothing past it...sad I know)

Never even know what Quabbin was..I KNOW I KNOW!  everyone gets up in arms when i say that!! W. Mass is beautiful though....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards