Wedding Party

I NEED BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES HELP!!

Through all my planning, picking the bridesmaid's dresses has been the hardest task for me yet.  I cannot find anything that I really like, and I really want to find dresses that won't break the bank, since a few bridesmaids are still in school.  I just want some really nice, black dresses that look coordinated.  I want the girls to like the dress, and I want the dress to flatter them, but I don't want it too look uncoordinated.  I just can't find what I want. Any suggestions?

Re: I NEED BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES HELP!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:d4243871-2b5f-4958-bfe8-e6313eb8c80ePost:6ce2ca0e-02e5-45dd-9787-146fa535c501">I NEED BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Through all my planning, picking the bridesmaid's dresses has been the hardest task for me yet.  I cannot find anything that I really like, and I really want to find dresses that won't break the bank, since a few bridesmaids are still in school.  I just want some really nice, black dresses that look coordinated.  I want the girls to like the dress, and I want the dress to flatter them, but I don't want it too look uncoordinated.  I just can't find what I want. Any suggestions?
    Posted by Chucksnblujeans[/QUOTE]

<div>Listen, if this is stressing you out and you can't find something that you like, that they will like, and can afford, you should do this.</div><div>
    </div><div>Tell them to get a black dress in a certain length, and leave it at that.</div><div>Tell them to buy a certain designer's dress in black, but let them choose.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you do decide to buy a BM dress (like a real BM dress), ask them what their budget is. And do this privately. The lowest price given should be the price of the dress you pick.</div><div>
    </div><div>Look at my married bio. My girls all wore different black Jim Hjelm dresses and I added a removeable sash to each. They have worn them again too, because they picked out their own styles that complimented their own bodies.</div>
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • If they're all wearing black dresses, they'll look coordinated.  Don't stress too much.   
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Just tell them to find a black dress, knee length (or whatever length) and make sure that they feel comfortable in it. Simple!
    Anniversary
  • Chucksnbluejeans, I love your SN. We are wearing chucks for our ceremony. That is all.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:d4243871-2b5f-4958-bfe8-e6313eb8c80ePost:6ce2ca0e-02e5-45dd-9787-146fa535c501">I NEED BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Through all my planning, picking the bridesmaid's dresses has been the hardest task for me yet.  I cannot find anything that I really like, and I really want to find dresses that won't break the bank, since a few bridesmaids are still in school.  I just want some really nice, black dresses that look coordinated.  I want the girls to like the dress, and I want the dress to flatter them, but I don't want it too look uncoordinated.  I just can't find what I want. Any suggestions?
    Posted by Chucksnblujeans[/QUOTE]

I agree with PP's that they could just find their own black cocktail length dresses (or perhaps already own one).

But if you really do want them matching, my BM's are wearing black cocktail length dresses from David's Bridal that cost $99. Many of their dresses can be bought for under $100. Their new spring collection just came out and there were some really cute styles that I saw.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Dresses in the same length and color but different necklines look very coordinated.  I encourage you to look at MBC and Stina's bios--their BMs are lovely and if you didn't know that they were in different dresses, I doubt you'd notice.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I told my girls to wear any black dress they chose, and didn't give them any direction whatsoever on accessories, but I still think they looked quite coordinated.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards