Just Engaged and Proposals

just got engaged

hey everyone, I just got engaged march 20th on my bday. now i was wondering when do get the engagement photos done? we havent set a date yet, dont know if we will have an engagement party and probably aiming for the wedding to be in over a year. so when do the engagement pictures need to be done?

Re: just got engaged

• Congrats! You can do them whenever. We did ours 13 months after we got engaged
  • First of all, congrats!!! And Happy Belated Birthday.

I don't think you *have* to have engagements photos, but if you are, I would do them whenever you want.

We are going to have engagement photos shot, probably around a year before our wedding. Our wedding is in October 2014, so I was thinking October 2013 because of the fall colors.
    The Skinny Architect: www.skinnyarchitect.com
  • We just got engaged on Leap Day and we probably won't do our photos for another month or so. We want to do it outside so it needs to warm up a bit. I don't think it really matters when in general but we are sending out engagement announcements and want to use our actual engagement photos so we're getting them done soonish.
    I say do it whenever is convenient to you.
  • If you want to use your engagement photos for announcements or save the dates, have them done in time for that.  There's no rush! Congratulations!!!!
  • Congrats on the engagement and happy belated birthday!!

You don't have to get engagement pictures taken at any specific time, nor do you have to have an engagement party!  I'd say take engagement pictures when you feel right taking them, as each couple is different!  Talk to your fiancee, he may have an opinion on that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats! You can have e-pics taken anytime while you are engaged, most do them right away, but some wait until shortly before the wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards