Louisiana-New Orleans

Places to eat in the FQ

I am creating a list of things and place to go in the FQ.  I have come up with a ton of bars and tourist type things.  However, I am lacking on places to eat because to be honest I never really eat down there.  Any must eat places other then Cafe Du Monde?

Re: Places to eat in the FQ

• wmh6wmh6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't eat down there much either, but here are some off the top of my head....Acme Oyster, Oceana Grill, Cafe Amelie, Court of Two Sisters, Margaritaville.  I've also had some good food at Pat O's.  Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    NOLA (one of my favorite restaurants), Bayona, Brennans, Palace Cafe, Mr. B's Bistro, August...

Check out nomenu.com.  It's Tom Fitzmorris's website, so it has his review of the restaurants.  Tom Fitzmorris is a big new orleans food guy that has a food radio show and he is a restaurant critic.  I usually find his reviews spot-on.
  • hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oceana's crabcakes are to die for!! Mr. B's has the best lamb I've ever tasted... Yo Mamma's has the best hamburger/baked potato (for $10!!) I've ever had in my life!!.
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cafe Masparo
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• LGJ713LGJ713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mothers
  • dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red Fish Grill, Olivier's, Irene's, Stella!, Arnaud's, Broussards
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • edited December 2011
    If you look on chowhound.com in the New Orleans section, you'll find lots of other restaurants discussed extensively.

There's also a thread on this board about someone taking their honeymoon in NOLA with Lots of great restaurant suggestions - it's maybe a few months back. (I should really find that link b/c I keep recommending it....).
  • edited December 2011
    Depends...  You could go casual like a burger from Port of Call or seafood from Acme Oyster House and Stanley has a eggs benedict poboy that is awsome.   If you prefer something a little more upscale the Palace Cafe has an awsome Sunday Brunch; GW Finns was the best birthday dinner I have ever eaten; Irene's is one of the most romantic Italian restaurants.  New Orleans is known for the food and there are hundreds of restaurants in the FQ.  You can pretty much take your pick although I would pass on the suggestion of Mother's.  It's cafeteria style and I was very underwhelmed with the food. 
  • phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Bayona...I LOVE Bayona!  Also, Antoine's is one of the oldest FQ restaurants, and it's very old-school New Orleans which is kind of neat.  When I was there, our waiter was a 3rd generation Antoine's waiter (!), and he gave us a tour of the whole place so that was pretty cool...lots of different rooms and lots of history (their wine cellar is an entire city-block long!!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards