Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Help! We need someone to marry us!

So both myself and my fiance grew up Catholic but don't feel comfortable getting married in a Catholic church. We have become more "Spiritual" rather than "Religious". I have no idea where to start when it comes to finding someone to marry us. I want someone who is Christian or Non-Denominational. Does anyone have any recomendations for me??

:)

Re: Help! We need someone to marry us!

• edited December 2011
    We are using a minister, Jim Albani. Very reasonably priced and he has been great to work with. The book he provides to help put your ceremony together is so helpful. There is a link in my profile under vendors. There are also others listed on his site if you have a preference of male or female or if you don't hit it off with the first person, there are other options.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! we had the same issue- former catholics, no new religion but not anti-spirituality/higher power. so i feel you Laughing

We opted to ask a close friend to perform our ceremony and I'm really excited! It's a simple process and costs something like $5, i believe, to file with the county (you can get "ordained" online for free). Though it will take more work on our part since we will have to craft the entire ceremony with our friend. but that was something that appealed to us and we're looking forward to doing it, so it is more of a bonus than a stress. I know it's not for everyone, but I would encourage anyone in a similar position to consider someone close to you.  it will definitely make your ceremony unique!

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hjh444hjh444 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.mnreverand.com
    Derek has been awesome!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_need-someone-marry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:e3d1ee11-ca3a-49b9-97d7-cf60681640cePost:9f9d7f52-0c57-4a99-873b-916fb92c9ce9">Re: Help! We need someone to marry us!</a>:
    [QUOTE]... we will have to craft the entire ceremony with our friend.Posted by Muffers[/QUOTE]

We've heard a lot of good things about Judge Armstrong.  Even if you don't want to use him, he has a ton of good resources, including script options for each part of the ceremony. He has a whole page on how to say "you may now kiss the bride"! :)

<a href="http://www.tgarmstrong.com/">http://www.tgarmstrong.com/</a>
  • edited December 2011
    Steph- I have actually already printed a bunch of stuff from his site! His website is a really great resource, so I second your recommendation!
    thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • munkychipmunkychip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it! I have a few people to check out now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards