Michigan-Detroit
Options

new here

Hello -

I'm new here but have been visiting infrequently since December.  I'm getting married on 9.10.11 in Birmingham and having the reception in Troy.  A bit overwhelmed because I'm planning everything in 9 months! Matt proposed on Dec. 18.  He lives in another state, so we commute frequently.  Please don't ask where we'll live, hasn't been determined yet and it's out of our control with the economy.  

Colors are royal blue and silver.  Dress is bought! yippee!!! Florist is TBD, along with hair and makeup.  Invites are DIY.  My cousin is the DJ (he does weddings professionally.)  So that about covers it!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: new here

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!  Just curious.....where is your reception, if you don't mind?

You'll be fine.  Nine months seems fast, but you'll have no problem planning everything.  Congratulations!!
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome. We are date twins. So far I am find the date to be both a blessing and a curse. But you seem to be rocking and rolling with you checks. Congrats on everything you have done so far. The ladies here are the bomb.
  • Options
    breeamberbreeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! Don't worry, 9 months is plenty of time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Good luck with all of your planning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome and Happy Planning!
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

@hamiltks10 - We are having the reception at the Troy Marriott.  It was the only venue close to the church that was open, except for the Townsend. Would have loved the Townsend, but with a $30,000 minimum spend, we would have had a great dinner but I would have shown up naked because I couldn't afford a dress! The Marriott is much more reasonably priced.

@shesheduke  I know what you mean about a blessing & a curse!  It's a competitive date, but so far I am doing ok. I got lucky with the Marriott, so a lot of things like a DOC and hotel rooms came with the package.
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:5bc410b0-b256-4e1a-a8a7-04b3077aaac5Post:23e92418-930d-4935-8da7-2eb783b6230e">Re: new here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! @hamiltks10 - We are having the reception at the Troy Marriott.  It was the only venue close to the church that was open, except for the Townsend. Would have loved the Townsend, but with a $30,000 minimum spend, we would have had a great dinner but I would have shown up naked because I couldn't afford a dress! The Marriott is much more reasonably priced. @shesheduke  I know what you mean about a blessing & a curse!  It's a competitive date, but so far I am doing ok. I got lucky with the Marriott, so a lot of things like a DOC and hotel rooms came with the package.
    Posted by zulamay[/QUOTE]

Wow that is really awesome. i looked into the troy Marriott when my hall fell through almost 3 weeks ago and of course they were booked. The lady there was really nice though. Well glad everything is going well for you. Glad to have a date twin on the board. I am here if you need me :) Not that I am any better off than you are. Actually you are doing better than me with your reception site and church booked. Booo to me :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:5bc410b0-b256-4e1a-a8a7-04b3077aaac5Post:fb2365d3-c613-44d9-bae4-b1a8ed2dc6b2">Re: new here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: new here : Wow that is really awesome. <strong>i looked into the troy Marriott when my hall fell through almost 3 weeks ago and of course they were booked. </strong>The lady there was really nice though. Well glad everything is going well for you. Glad to have a date twin on the board. I am here if you need me :) Not that I am any better off than you are. Actually you are doing better than me with your reception site and church booked. Booo to me :(
    Posted by shesheduke[/QUOTE]
    Now we know who booked it, lol. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats on how much you have done!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @shesheduke  Sorry I beat you to it!  Try the Westin in Southfield, they had a nice ballroom open on our day.  Have you tried any of the local golf clubs? My FI called around and quite a few were open, and their prices were lower than the hotels.  Also, you might try a few off the beaten path like It's a Matter of Taste http://www.matteroftaste.net/ We looked there for a rehearsal dinner and the food was sooo good, plus it's right on the lake!  Had I known about it before I booked the Marriott I would have picked there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards