Illinois-Chicago

Dress Shopping

Hey Ladies-

I just wanted some recommendations on where to go start looking for dresses.  I live in Lakeview so I will be looking mostly in the the greater Chicago area.  I will be starting that in the next couple of months and wanted to go somewhere great!!

TIA!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dress Shopping

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Shelley's in West Dundee. I just went with my sister to get her dress this weekend and thought that Wedding Belles was great! They were really nice and the place is so cute. I would recommend both of those.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    I wen to a place on the far west side called Kasia's, and they were pretty nice there.  I ended up buying my dress at the Bride's Room, which is now closed.  I really loved the Bride's Room, and when they closed, they said they would be reopening at a different location.  SO, if they did reopen, I would suggest there. 

Sorry that's not really much help!
  • edited December 2011

I would suggest either A Joyful Occasion (Naperville) or The Crystal Bride (Geneva).  Both places had exceptional customer service and extremely reasonably priced dresses that looked way more expensive than they were.  Think $600-$3000 range.  I found dresses I loved at both, but ended up buying from A Joyful Occasion.  I also live in Chicago (Ravenswood) but found the trek out to the suburbs gave me a better variety and prices.  If you go out to Geneva - the train station is in the downtown shopping area, and you can easily get to The Crystal Bride.  Also, they have another (more expensive) bridal store called Veiled in Elegance - so depending on your budget - both may be a good option.

I've also heard good things (but did not visit) about Wedding Belles, A la Mour, and Kasia's.  All are outside downtown Chicago.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards