Texas-Houston

affordable wedding gowns???

Where can I find affordable wedding gowns???? besides Davids Bridal?

Re: affordable wedding gowns???

• edited December 2011
    try venturas. they have great prices on select designers. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, I also suggest Ventura's Bridal. It is where I got my gown!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I tried on my gown at Ventura's, but I'm ordering it from Pearl's Place for almost $200 cheaper.

• lec008lec008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Marry Go Round.  They sell gowns from shops that go out of business and samples sales.  I got a $2000 gown for $450!  The staff is amazing to work with as well.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered a Alfred Angelo dress from Pearl's Place and saved myself about 500.00. I was super terrified of purchasing from an outside vendor, but it came to me absolutely perfect.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Try Misora. It's a smaller place, but their prices are very reasonable.
  • lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought Panache had some really good prices. I would definately check them out.

I bought mine at The Princess Bridal in Old Town Spring. They had some of the most unique dresses I have ever seen. I thought they were a little bit more pricey. I went over budget (by $200), but it was well worth it. I have been admiring it online for 7 months and it truly is my dream dress. So if you can't find anything else, I would say it was worth a shot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meagano19Meagano19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Impression Bridal.  They have been creating dresses and selling them to stores like Ventura's for yeas but they just opened their first store in Houston!  There is also an ImpressionS Bridal, but I think they are more expensive.
    I got my dress from Impression and it's amazing!  Plus the ladies there are super nice and they have a wide variety but not an overwhelming amount to look at.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Alfred Angelos or look into renting you own gown. Maybe even going to a thrift shop and redesigning a dress to be a one of a kind gown, if you're into the whole dyi wedding idea.

You can e-mail me with more boutiques around the Houston area at emily@somethingblueevents.net

Emily Lloyd
    Wedding Coordinator
  • edited December 2011
    Try Craigslist... used gowns can be a great find..  Set a budget and search the internet. I got mine online... direct from China.  I paid less then $200 for both.  
    I got a lown gown for the ceremoney and a short one for the reception. Here are the pics of them.  They still need to be pressed... 

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Try WeddingDressOnline.com also known as (Amy Lee Hilton Bridal Shop)...you can buy the dress online or actually go in and try on dresses since it is located in Houston. That's where I'm getting my dress and they also do alterations there as well and will be steaming my dress also before the wedding. You can find amazing dresses at very low cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards