Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

wedding rings

Ok, so we just bought our wedding rings and we are only about a month away from the wedding. Has anyone heard that it is bad luck to wear your wedding bands before the wedding?! Not gonna lie here, I had a horrible day at work so I have had a few beers to calm down and my FH isn't going to be home for few more hours. I put my ring on again because it is so pretty and I wanted to wear it for a while! Did I just totally jinx my marriage or what? I want to be able to wear my ring all the time! I love it!

Re: wedding rings

• Woo Hoo! I'm safe!!!!
  • We have been wearing ours for over a year.  We originally bought them as "commitment" rings.  Then about 2 months ago we decided to make it official and get married (in our 50's).  We may or may not get new rings; probably not because I am partial to mine.

So I think you are safe :)

• I think you're safe :o) I "tried mine on" for a while the day we got it.

But now it's in the safety deposit box :o(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are getting our rings in June(my FI still lives in PR but he'll be here for a short visit) and I'm pretty sure I'll be more than tempted to try mine on, too. After all he and I have been through if we haven't been jinxed by now then we're safe!! I agree with all the other girls- you're a-ok!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards