Pennsylvania-Central

Cake Places Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg

Does anyone know of a good bakery in the Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg area for a wedding cake? I just discovered they don't provide the cake at the Allenberry... and the wedding is May 30th! Thanks for your help. I'll be shopping around next weekend for a cake...

Re: Cake Places Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg

• edited December 2011
    Try the Pennsylvania bakery in Lemoyne.
  • RogueQueenRogueQueen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest checking out the Couture Cakery (formerly Sprinkles and Swirls). The prices are the best i have found, her cake flavors are amazing, super super yummy and the owner Jasmine is very sweet and VERY creative. Here is her blog/website. HOpe this helps :-)

www.couturecakeryblog.net
  • lal356lal356 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our cake from About Weddings in Mechanicsburg.  It was delicious and Patty was great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_cake-places-harrisburgmechanicsburg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:c8ab900a-f2ad-404f-b295-cd2bce5e6ac8Post:68e7bb55-6c8f-4ef6-99bc-1fdeec854de7">Re: Cake Places Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg</a>:
    [QUOTE]I suggest checking out the Couture Cakery (formerly Sprinkles and Swirls). The prices are the best i have found, her cake flavors are amazing, super super yummy and the owner Jasmine is very sweet and VERY creative. Here is her blog/website. HOpe this helps :-) <a href="http://www.couturecakeryblog.net" rel="nofollow">www.couturecakeryblog.net</a>
    Posted by RogueQueen[/QUOTE]

She makes some amazing cake and is very nice and easy to talk to.  I am sure she can help you out with what you need. 
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help so far everyone! The websites for these places look great. You've been a giant help and are making planning so much easier!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a place in Carlisle called Kilmore's Kake Kupboard http://www.kilmoreskake.com/

Their website isn't anything fancy and neither is their shop but their cakes are great and verrrrrry affordable (as in $2.00 a slice).  He doesn't do fondant but can do a lot with buttercream.  I've known several people who have used them for wedding cakes and their cakes were delicious. 
  • ksm395ksm395 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katie Cakes Cakery is a good one to check out:
    www.katiecakescakery.com
  • edited December 2011
    If you are willing to drive a bit, House of Claredon in Lancaster is very good.  We didn't go with him, but the guy who makes the cakes is the type where you know a cake from him will be nothing less then exceptional.  He actually takes the time to talk with you and get to know what you are looking for and sketches different cake ideas.  Not to mention the cake is delicious.  Another great place is Fancy Cake Shop in Carlisle.  Her cake is very good and her price is very reasonable. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Lisa T's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Books read in 2011: 32 of 75
  • her982her982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Dingeldein Bakery in New Cumberland, PA
  • RissiJ04RissiJ04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Fancy Cake Shop in Carlisle... Tammi is amazing!

http://www.fancycakeshop.com/
  • AaronAndNikkiAaronAndNikki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Confections in Harrisburg is GREAT!  They can make almost anything and have some really creative and yummy flavors - Pink Champagne cake with Pink Champagne mousse is AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards