Ohio-Columbus

North Bank Park - Hard to Book?

I am in love with North Bank Park, however have heard nightmare stories about reserving the space due to the lottery system. Those of you booked at North Bank Park how difficult was it for you to book....did you have a back up plan in case you didn't get North Bank Park? Any information would be incredibly helpful!   

Re: North Bank Park - Hard to Book?

• edited December 2011
    I loved it too when I first saw it but the way they book it deterred me from having our reception there.  They used to book on a first come/first serve basis a year from the date of the rental.  BUT I guess people were getting there the night before and camping out so they changed it to a lottery system.  Basically it will all depend on how many people want your day.  You could be the only one, or there could be 10 girls waiting there.  We are getting married on Memorial Weekend so I had a feeling that was going to be busy, and I didn't want to wait to see if we could get it and the have all the other choices booked.  That is why we chose not to go with it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klcranley11klcranley11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married there, and while it was a great great place, we had to do EVERYTHING! I mean everything, like, the groom took away the trash at the end of the night!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't book here but one of my best friend's did and she was so stressed about if she'd be able to get her date just because of the lottery system. And they also have rules so you can't try to rig how many "entries" you get into the lottery...she was going to have multiple people from her family stand in line in the case that there was a lottery but of course that's not allowed. I don't know why they can't just do first-come, first-served..that's what everyone else seems to do and it works just fine I think. Anyway...good luck if you're trying there! =)
  • abt87abt87 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try for a Friday instead of a Saturday
  • crews31crews31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It is a beautiful venue! They have no Saturdays left from May- October 17th. If you want to do a Friday or Sunday then they still have some open dates. We just reserved a Friday night. Good Luck Laughing

• AshleySweenyAshleySweeny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there on June 16th and I actually didn't have much trouble. I went two weeks and there was only one other person there both times and I got the second date. Also, our caterer is doing all the set up and clean up (note above). I'm really excited about it because for us it's the perfect venue. I just think it's gorgeous! We rented a tent as well. Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a NBP MAy 19th-- the lottery is a pain but we think the venue is worth it. Although I fell like a DOC is a MUST!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards