Gothic Weddings

Halloween

What did everyone do for Halloween?
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Halloween

• I moved for 14 hours... ugh. What a horrible Halloween. I didn't get one.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • I was really lucky! My fiancee does historical tours at the Witch House in Salem, MA (Which is the last remaining full structure that is standing in Salem that had any relevance to the Witch Trials- it was one of the judges houses.), so he usually has to work on Halloween but he actually got it off! My good friend and I went up to spend the weekend with him. We went into Salem for a couple of hours in our costumes- I was a hysteric victorian woman and he was the warden from the asylum I was in (we event had a collar and leash to go along with it!). I had fun playing with the fake blood. I got a lot of shocked faces at the makeup job, suppose I did better than I thought I did! We ate dinner at one of our favorite places in Salem- Salem Beer Works. We also managed to avoid most of the touristy stuff, which was also nice.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com image "The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. " - Poe
  • FI and I curled up on the couch and had a scary movie fest.  Excorcist, Amityville Horror (the original), and the Crazies (FI wanted to see that one I'm not big into movies we're ppl tun into zombies cause of a pathogen (resident evil not included...Alice is awesome!)).  We still have Exorcist II, Carrie, Carrie II: the Rage, Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street on our Netflix instant que (the originals on all of them), as well as Wes Craven's New Nightmare on Elm Street.  Guess what we're doing next weekend?

Also waited for trick or treaters.  Got none.  All the parents in my apartment complex got confused about whether to do it saturday or sunday (we live in the bible belt if halloweens on sundsay trick or treatings done on saturday) so they just didin't go out!  Me I woulda gone out both nights!  But then I steal my sisters candy!  So I have 10 lbs of candy to eat!  I think I'll take half to work,
  • edited November 2010
    went to the ren faire (doubled as wedding planning trip) and then a live rocky horror picture show :)
    ~*~ Lord and Lady Lombardi ~*~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BF and I went to Salem MA for our 5th year in a row. :) Walked around for a few hours in our costumes (Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit).

evalentine! I'm pretty sure we saw you!
  • Oh really? Awesome! I think I remember seeing a Queen of Hearts, but I remember there being a lot of Alice in Wonderland costumes. n_n;; Still, pretty neat!
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com image "The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. " - Poe
  • yeaaah there were QUITE a few alice themed groups... i didn't even think about it being popular this year cuz we've wanted to do it for a couple years now and finally got around to it. i saw at least 8 other women with my exact costume. 
  • I went to Salem last May and had such a horrible time lol. The museums are horrible and we stayed at the most ghetto hotel outside of town, I would have loved to have been there for Halloween though, or even to see some of the decent attractions would have been nice. I didn't even know we were going to Salem until we were there though so I didn't plan for anything like that (we just went out there to help FI's crazy aunt move because supposedly she would have had panic attacks if she drove a uhaul across the country so FI had to do it). We basically spent $500 on the trip and she barely even thanked us and was a terrible hostess (left us alone without a car for 3 days fun, stuff). So I'm not a huge fan of Salem, I would love to see Boston someday for more than 30 seconds though! 

For Halloween we went to the most boring party on the 30th, the only entertaining part was the costumes, one guy was wrapped in bubble wrap another as Brett Favre who kept taking pictures with his phone and then making remarks about how much trouble he got into last time. The next day we had a Halloween party which was pretty fun, it was the first big get-together we had at our house and I think it was a success, besides the fact that FI's family still ignores me like the plague, but I'm getting used to it. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and FI was Link from Zelda.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards