Texas-Austin

antique car rentals

does anyone have recommendations on antique car rentals. all i know are transportation consultant, antique limos of austin, and austin classic limo

Re: antique car rentals

• edited December 2011
    If you are having your wedding here in Austin, I know of a really cool vintage orange Volkswagen THING, (this is the actual make and name of the car). So anyway it's a really cool retro style, top down, all terrain vehicle. It's soooo fun and such a show stopper. Please slow down just to get a glimpse of it because it is so unique with a vibrant summery shade. Before deciding on renting out the VW Thing. I thought I wanted something more luxurious and elegant for my Old World Hollywood Glamor wedding theme, but after test driving one of these, my fiance and I are so excited to drive off with true Austin flair. It really is a perfect way to escape while feeling the sun on your skin and a sweet breeze.

**NOTICE** It is a standard vehicle so your husband or driver should know how to operate a manual vehicle.

The orange VW THING can be leased out by the day or hour through Ventana Design Group, a special events design company that also leases out unique vehicles for special occasions. I am using this reputable company because by far they have offered me the lowest rates per service, including my DOC who has been wonderfully pleasant to work with. I believe the THING is actually owned by the owner of this company and therefore the hourly or daily rate is extremely reasonable.

Here is a link of what you should expect to ride off in

Ventana Design Group , ventanainteriors@yahoo.com
  • jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Vintage Rides of Austin and had the blue cadillac convertible.  I wasn't such a fan of spending the money, but it ended up being one of my favorite things.  The driver (I think he was also the owner) was awesome and drove us around town and even took a few pictures of us after the wedding.  It was great to have that time after the wedding to just drive around and bask in the glow of our day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards