June 2013 Weddings

Oil Cleansing Method?

So I would like to try this, but I have heard mixed reviews about it. Some people swear by it, and others say that the EVOO murdered their face by causing breakouts like crazy...I don't want to try this if it is only going to make matters worse. I don't have very much acne, but I do have oily skin. Since my skin is also sensitive and I'm allergic to a variety of makeups and other skin care products, my thought was that a natural cleansing method would be perfect for me...If any of you ladies have tried/are using the OCM can you please share your experience?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Oil Cleansing Method?

• ahh! IDK if i'd use EVOO on my face. I can slightly see this being a disaster waiting to happen! You said your face is oily, have you maybe talked to a doctor about what they recommend for sensitive/oily skin. I have sensitive skin as well so I can totally relate. I use an apricot scrub only once a week, to clear my  pores (if i use it any more i start to feel like my face is sunburned.) The rest of the days i use a facewash made by neutrogena i believe, its for sensitive skin, it prevents breakouts AND wrinkles! my face feels super soft after using it, i have grown to love it!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • why cant i see my post!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Cetaphil face wash is great for sensitive skin. As for the oil cleanse, it sounds counterintuitive but it could be really great for your skin. Washing your face w/ soap/scrubs can actually make your skin more oily bc you're stripping your face of its natural oils, so after the wash your skin goes into overdrive to rehydrate your skin, your body does this by making more oil. So an oil cleanse could actually be really good for your skin by replenishing natural oils you're stripping away. It's the same idea behind why you shouldn't wash your hair every day. If you really have severly sensitive skin you prob are already seeing a dermatologist, I would ask her what her opinion is of the oil cleanse.

@Amanda - I can see your posts!
    Photobucket
  • its just that some products bother me. like Neutrogena. I cannot use it. I can however use Proactive. Its helps with the acne but not the oil. I want something to take the oil away.I work part time in a specialty office (psychiatrist, gastro, and dermatology). Our derm doctor is on a leave due to a death. And I don't know when she will be back, if she even will considering the circumstances. Sooooo about the oil...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry about the derm doctor :( Maybe give the oil cleanse a shot and see what happens? worse case you take it off and wash your face. Are there other derms that your practice has relationships with that you could go to?
    Photobucket
  • Yeah but they are in Knoxville...about a hour and a half away from me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have very oily skin also I have thought about trying this also. But I'm afraid it may make my acne worse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards