Oregon

Wedding projects finished??

So I had four days off from work and got very little done on the wedding. But my newly organized closet makes me feel awesome. 

What I did do was:
- addressed our RSVP cards
- got the address labels for invitations
- decided to scrap the pinwheels for the aisle
- now working on a new idea for the aisle decorations

I'm planning to get cracking again this week/weekend. I'm going dress shopping for my MOH. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we find her dress or she finally relents and sees the light about letting another seamstress friend make her dress for her. All the dresses we've looked at online are either too short, too long, too much exposed neckline or just too dang fancy for my BBQ wedding. The entire wedding party has its clothes. My dad has his outfit and so does my stepmom. Who knew that getting the MOH dressed would be the most difficult thing?? ARGGH

Anyone else get anything WR done this weekend?

Re: Wedding projects finished??

• edited December 2011
    I tied ribbons around the mouths of mason jars (which I am using for vases). It was harder than I expected to make those bows straight. I got hostess gifts for the quilting bee (instead of a shower, all the guests design a piece of a wedding quilt) and rehearsal dinner. But, that's all.

Do you still have a lot or are you almost done with the DIY stuff?
  • edited December 2011
    I love your quilting bee idea!! That would be so awesome! One of my good friends dropped off the apron she had custom-made for my wedding present. It's so sweet and old-fashion, I love it. Now I'll be set for the reception and be able to prevent the ketchup accidents from hitting my white dress!

Still have so much to do ....I also tied ribbons around 100 of the bubble blowers. But seriously, that's about it. 

This week's projects are:
    -- Trying to finish up invites (My FI has to make a map but nagging him about after he worked ALL weekend won't get me any points!)
    -- Get the ring bearer pillow sewn and velvet ribbon attached
    -- Figuring out new aisle decorations (I'm leaning toward tissue paper pomanders on hooks)
    -- making sure my father picks up the arbor at my house to power wash and clean
    -- also making sure my father is getting the supplies to make my cupcake towers
    -- tracing fish shapes onto scrap booking paper to cut out for the wedding "wish" bowl
    -- AND a big MAYBE - start making the white chocolate/chocolate fish that will be the cupcake toppers.

I might also buy some daisies and try my hand at creating my bouquet. 

How about you - almost done or nowhere near it?

• edited December 2011
    I work all weekend, every weekend, so I get my projects done during the middle of the week. I did actually start my cardbox this weekend though, and am kicking myself for doing it with satin. Damn me and my "brilliant" ideas. I should have stuck with paper, it's a gigantic pain in the butt trying to fold it smoothly over the sides.

I'm having all my sisters over for dinner tomorrow, first time in 2 years we've all been together. My stepsis lives around Lake Tahoe and is in town for a wedding and it's the first time she's been in town since two summers ago. So I'm super frazzled and trying to get it all done, especially since I'm babysitting my 2 year old monster of a nephew tomorrow. But here's hoping we can figure something out for bridesmaids dresses tomorrow since 3 of them will be here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_wedding-projects-finished?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:2c661424-cedd-4936-8463-e3477202b743Post:0f022423-efc6-4fe8-a0cd-9373f67c41d9">Re: Wedding projects finished??</a>:
    [QUOTE] So I'm super frazzled and trying to get it all done, especially since I'm babysitting my 2 year old monster of a nephew tomorrow. 
    Posted by nannabug42[/QUOTE]
     LOL ... I remember those days! Thank God he's six now. I spent time with him and his sister this weekend and he's driving his mother nuts. He's so full of "boy" that he is running where he shouldn't be, not listening and generally just acting like a complete spaz. Which is why I love him so ....<div>
    </div><div>Good luck on the BM dresses! I hope your process is easier than mine. I thought giving her free rein just so long as its a sundress and either brown or blue or some combo of the two would be easy. Can't believe how wrong I really was ....</div>
  • edited December 2011
    HOLY MOLEY! Who's excited for the upcoming 3 day weekend?  Hopefully you ladies get to join in on the long weekend.  I'm hoping to get a lot done...

Last weekend I got my invites printed, respond cards printed, and last night... I got my maps finished, and now I just need to print them.  I've got three of four bouquets done but I"m tempted to take them apart and retry so they look more round instead of oval.. but otherwise they look decent.

i'm hoping to get my centerpieces taken care of this weekend.  Unfortunately, I'm going to the parade that's in Hillsboro this weekend... Gotta cheer on the future step-son.. he'll be marching with the Young Marines.  Should be fun though,

But, luckily we have a three day weekend at work so it's not like I'm missing out on any days. 

I still haven't taken pictures or ANYTHING of my stuff. :(  I suck
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    Kizat -- we NEED photos of these projects!! LOL What are you using on your boquets? Fresh flowers or silk?

I'm looking forward to the long weekend to get some wedding stuff done but also learned our photographer is in town and wants to tour the site, so that will happen on Saturday. Yeah. Unfortunately, I don't get a long weekend. I have to fill in -- for my boss -- on Monday when the rest of the staff has the day off. But bonus, I work only 5 hours and get credit for 8. Plus - I get a day off in lieu of it. So I'm using it in two weeks to go camping with friends. So all in all, worth it. 
  • edited December 2011
    no flowers or silk for me... :)

I'm using pinecones and buttons... thus my issue with getting it super round.. haha.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    That's right! I totally forgot but I remember the photos and loved them! I still want to see them when they are all done!!
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and bought all the supplies for my tissue pomanders and flower garlands.  I ended up going to the dollar store and buying all their blue leis!  I think they'll hand better and the color was more what I was looking for.  All the silk hydrangeas I found were AWFUL colors and wayyy more then I wanted to spend for this project.  When I actually get started, I'll put pictures up!

BTW I"m green with envy with all you guys getting a three day weekend.  However, while I have to work the fourth (at 6am no less) I'll be getting three days off, just not necessarily in a row.  More like tues-weds with a short shift thursday and off friday.
    That Friday will be my wedding dress fitting, eek!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah - Where did you get your tissue paper? I can't find a dark purple ANYWHERE. I even drove up to Bridgeport today to hit up the container store and nothing.

Totally jealous of everyone's 3 day weekend too! I work 7 days in a row, stupid holiday sales!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found it at none other than Walmart! For a dollar!  All the tissue paper I found at Michaels and other craft stores was that weird kind that's two different colors on each side.  It was with the gift bags and all that.  Pretty sure I saw purple :) Love bridgeport btw! What I'd give to be near a crate and barrel....
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oh god .. crate and barrel. Ikea. I heart Portland for those alone!

As far as tissue paper goes, try papermart.com. I found my colors on there but I'd have to order 280 sheets for tissue paper pomanders. Seems a bit much for me. So I'm hitting Wallys and a few others in Medford this weekend. I kept thinking I needed a full sheet to get a 5 x7 sheets. Duh. I can get three sets out of each sheet!! I'm such a moron at times ....
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked Papermart's shipping prices? I found purple on there and was going through the process to order it and it was over $10 just for shipping. It's tissue paper, are you kidding? So I'm refusing to order it on principle, I'm stubborn.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow -- I didn't realize the shipping was that out of control. I'd hold out too! Just a curious idea, but could you dye or paint white tissue paper to get the purple you are looking for? If it worked, it would be amazing. But it would probably rip the sheets. Dang them for being so delicate!! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    And I forgot to say .. Nashville Wraps had decent prices as well. $10.50 for 240 sheets. But I never looked at shipping. They did say the book would weigh around four pounds though. So I'm sure it wouldn't be any cheaper! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards