Christian Weddings
Options

Prayer for H

Hey ladies, I know haven't been on recently. My laptop was having issues with TK. I have a special prayer request for my husband. As some of you know, H and I moved to NC last year after we got married and it's taken us a solid year to get settled and established here. We have very slowly started making friends but it's been easier for me than for H and I have a few friends that I love dearly and I can freely confide in and go to for advice. But H hasn't really made any friends that he can have such conversations with. Last night he shared with me his desire for this and it broke my heart. I know that as his wife, he can share everything with me but I know it would be good for him to relate his troubles to other men. I honestly don't know if this makes any sense. It's been a long week and H is very heavy on my heart right now. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Prayer for H

• Options
    awww, i'm so sorry to hear that!  I will for sure be keeping you guys in prayers.
  • Options
    Praying!  Moving and making new friends is hard.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_prayer-for-h?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ce6c33a9-70d7-4c5b-8c05-a7531df6066bPost:4accea20-8ec3-45da-bf82-6e2c1a3834a6">Re: Prayer for H</a>:
    [QUOTE]Praying!  <strong>Moving and making new friends is hard.</strong>
    Posted by ochemjenn[/QUOTE]
    agree, I moved to be closer to DH and am still trying to meet new friends. I feel his pain. praying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Praying for your husband, Leah! Are you guys active in a church in NC? I think that would be essential in finding and meeting new friends, especially ones that share his values.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    I can totally relate. All the people I know here are either co-workers or DH's family members. I love them, but can't really confide in them. 
    Praying for your H.
  • Options
    Praying!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your prayer. It's been a rough week for us. We know God has a plan, it's just watching and waiting for it to unfold.

Sarah, we just joined a church and we are slowly getting to know the people in the couples class but the downside to being in NC for seminary is that at anytime, H could get called to a church. In fact he's preaching 3 sundays in September at a small church an hour away. The church could call H to be their interem pastor depending on how these 3 sundays go. So also prayer for him as he preaches the 16th, 23rd and 30th. If he does get called we will stay connected with the church we joined as sort of a "home base" for NC. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this. I will pray. I know how important it is for us to have friends we can trust and confide in. I know he will meet someone like that soon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards