Pennsylvania

Bethlehem Masonic Temple?

Has anyone ever been to a wedding at the Bethlehem Masonic Temple? How was it? Was the food/service any good. I could really use some help. I want to have a beautiful wedding but everything is so expensive, so we are looking at less expensive venues. A part of me thinks it will be okay, but another part of me is really sad that it's not going to be as perfect as I imagined. :/

Re: Bethlehem Masonic Temple?

• benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a budget for how much you want to spend per person?  I did a lot of research in the Upper Bucks/Lehigh Valley area and could share some suggestions.  Let me know.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • sdozier03sdozier03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'd really like to stay under $100 per person, including tax and gratuity. If you have any suggestions I'd be forever grateful.
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Loft at Sweet Water in Pennsburg.  Its about 30 minutes from Bethlehem outside of Quakertown.  We were at $74 pp, which included cocktail hour, buffet dinner, cake, and open bar of wine and beer.  This cost also included our ceremony on the grounds.  The link is below, although the website is not the greatest, there are beautiful pictures.

We also considered Allentown Brew Works.  They have a really unique venue that is cool and beautiful, depending on the room you are in.  I think they were starting at about $80 pp.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Sousa8611Sousa8611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Book soon! John is really nice and he works with you! They're already booking for 2012 so give him a call. It is gorgous in there and really reasonable. We're doing the family style with hourderves for about $35 a head. You of course provide the alcohol but right there that saves you a lot of money compared to venues that provide it. Any unopened bottle return to the liquor store and get ur $ back.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do they provide? Do I have to bring my own dinnerware? How was the food?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've heard through word of mouth the food is excellent. They have the dinnerware and the stuff you'd need for the cake (plates, etc). You pretty much provide the alcohol and we want an expresso machine so we're prob going to rent one. Ask him about decorations because previous weddings let them keep decorations so we are probably going to use some of those for the reception. We're using granny schmitt's for the cake. omg it taste amazing!

• edited December 2011
    We are having our reception there next September.  WIth the money you can save there you can make it everything you imagined.  We were in the same situation, we are on a budget, and may other places were so pricey.  When I saw the Masonic Temple though it was an easy decision. 

They are so flexible and reasonable that I can do way more there than I could anywhere else.  It is way more beautiful than any country club or any of the other local venues, even some of the more expensive one ( I thought anyway). 

I shared your same hesitaton though, but now that things are coming together for our wedding, I'm seeing how far I can stretch my budget and have exactly what I want, which I couldn't have at most other venues anyway, not because of price, but because of their restrictions.

Just keep an open mind when you look at.  I would be happy to share more about my plans and idea for there if you are interested :)
    siggya>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me feel a lot better. I sent them an email, but I haven't heard back yet.  It's just been nuts here, I've looked at almost 20 venues around the area and some in NJ. They all have something that I LOVE, something that I LIKE and something that I really DISLIKE. It's hard to try and narrow it down. Hopefully someone from BMT will get back to me so I can go in for a tour.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sure they will call you back, but you don't need to set up an appointment.  Look on their website for a Saturday that has a wedding booked and you can walk in anytime between 10-2.
    siggya>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think there's a number you can call on the website? if there is try calling in the morning because i think that's when he's there

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last October. It is very nice inside, and plain enough that it can be easily decordated however you want. We had the family style meal and I did not think the food was that great. It wasn't bad or anything, but compared to other weddings I've been to, the food was mediocre. Hors d'oerves were lacking in variety and quantity but that could have been the choice of the bride and groom. The servers and bartenders were friendly and prompt. I noticed that their uniform was very casual (a t-shirt or polo and khakis, I think). I would want something more formal at my wedding but that's just me. I didn't like how long the room was; our table was in the back and we didnt even know when the cake cutting and other events were because the dance floor was so far away, but again that could be fixed with a better DJ. Overall though, I think the bride and groom were happy with the venue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards